Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Project Progress

Last year my DH planted strawberries and raspberries. He used thorn-less plants so it would be easier to pick. WEll 3 years ago we inherited my son's 80 lb shepherd/husky mix. Guess what -he loves berries! Last year we would yell at him and he would stop but still ate them all when we were not outside. So this year he is 12 and I figure his last summer so we skipped the yelling part. Sure enough he checks his berries everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Last year my DH planted strawberries and raspberries. He used thorn-less plants so it would be easier to pick. WEll 3 years ago we inherited my son's 80 lb shepherd/husky mix. Guess what -he loves berries! Last year we would yell at him and he would stop but still ate them all when we were not outside. So this year he is 12 and I figure his last summer so we skipped the yelling part. Sure enough he checks his berries everyday.
    Aww, cute. Unless you want those berries, then not so cute!

Lily Bean, our foster dog, was eating green apples and green pesches brought dwn by the swuirels last week. That is, b efore she went to her new home.

New puppy, so new summer project which has taken over all other summer projects.
    So far, so good!

Yppej
    Midsummer I learned company will be coming in September, so I have started on small projects - sanding and painting part of the kitchen ceiling that bubbled when I boiled foods due to no exhaust fan in the kitchen, securing rugs with double sided tape that slip around, etc. Inexpensive things that just pile up over time.

I am so impressed by those of y'all who do these home improvement chores in the summer. I get too wound up wanting to be outside, gardening and in general enjoying being outside! I think I will have to stop being so avoidant.

IL: my DH did want the berries but as it is probably the old guy's last summer he can have them all. He is the most mellow sweet dog on the planet but he is also protective of my tiny dogs and me too.

Nothing really new to report I moved more rocks, dug a little to reveal more shelf rock, started leveling an area by the big flat rock and will order a load of pea gravel soon. Lovely weather this weekend with cooler temps and lower humidity. I moved quite a few rocks from the woods and property behind me and with all the messing around in low undergrowth, old built up leaves I managed not to get bit by brown recluse or copperhead. I'm beginning to feel like I'm pushing my luck so may slow down on trips into the woods for August.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Geila
    Float - It looks like you're still making progress. Fyi - I shipped the hammock and you should get it Thursday.

Since the pool and jacuzzi are now a regular part of my routine, I'm adding a new item to my self-care. This morning I added a Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred workout to my morning routine. Total workout time is about 25 mins, including warm up and cool down. It gave me such a nice burst of energy that I only had 1/2 cup of coffee, and hopefully that will give me enough energy for the day without interfering with my sleep.

I was in the garage looking for Float's hammock and became really frustrated with all the extra stuff we have in there. I really need to let some things go. Some will be easy, but others I know will be hard. One of them is the stash of fabrics I've collected over the years in the hopes of turning it into lovely projects - cushion covers, curtains, etc... Well, it has not happened. It's not happening now. I'm losing faith that it will ever happen. So what's the point of having all those bins full of material?

Another is a set of wedding china and glassware that was given to me by a dear friend and neighbor when they moved (china is from their wedding, not ours). The china is from the 70's and is very nice and very simple, which I like. But I just don't see myself using it. But I feel bad getting rid of it. If anyone here is in the Bay Area and would like to have it, let me know!

I might have to add some garage time this week to ease my frustration.

Geila, I can say from experience that the more you let go the easier it gets. I wish I could convince DH of that. I have decided that no matter how nice something is if I am not using it I will let it go. Tybee, I am getting a puppy on Sunday. I know it will be a lot of work. The last puppy I had was 12 years ago and most of our dogs have been old and rescues so I am super excited about this little guy.

Yppej
    I am going to focus on health more than I have been. I not only avoided the candy jar at work but told several people about my resolution to help keep the pressure on myself to honor my commitment. I also took some circuitous routes to avoid walking past it. The boss is out this week so not there to see my inefficient roaming.

Thread Information