Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And Now For Some Good News.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

And Now For Some Good News.....

As I post this, right at this minute, 10:56 AM Arizona time on Monday, July 10th, 2017, it seems as if the GOP does NOT have enough votes to pass Trumpcare. I don't read the future but I'm very glad at this moment.....I'm guessing maybe some of it is that Republicans may be afraid of the their constituents now after the shooing in Arlington, VA, recently, and after numerous nationwide aggressive town halls? I do what little it is that I can to get the word out that human life matters more then corporate profit.....so when I run across hope such as this I'm very grateful. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife;273022.
    I'm guessing maybe some of it is that Republicans may be afraid of the their constituents now after the shooing in Arlington, VA, recently,...
    Good gracious, Rob, that's beyond the Pale.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Good gracious, Rob, that's beyond the Pale.
    Bae, I didn't say this was right or that I approve of GOP members living in fear of their constituents - I only offered a guess as to why there is not enough GOP support to pass this TrumpCare monstrosity. I'm of the opinion that the unfortunate shooting in Arlington, VA, recently, coupled with a series of hostile and aggressive town halls may have some of the GOP feeling less than invincible. Just a hunch......Rob

I think it is horrible to link the two, Rob. And personally, if someone came out and shot me and my friends, I would not be cowed by that but I would be angry and determined to vote however I felt would best represent the people that elected me--there is no reason to assume these folks are cowards, which is what you seem to be doing here.
    Surely you are not suggesting that this is a good thing, that someone shot at people?

What politicians care most about is getting re-elected and keeping their cushy jobs. They are afraid when people lose their HI they will vote against them. I think that is the reason. McCain said he thinks it is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I think it is horrible to link the two, Rob. And personally, if someone came out and shot me and my friends, I would not be cowed by that but I would be angry and determined to vote however I felt would best represent the people that elected me--there is no reason to assume these folks are cowards, which is what you seem to be doing here.
    Surely you are not suggesting that this is a good thing, that someone shot at people?
    Yowsa......can I just start this day over? No, I am not saying these people are cowards per se - at least not in this situation/instance. And I don't believe it was right to shoot at them.....period. I can't rail against police brutality if I am not against the shooting in Arlington, VA, you know? I merely brought this up as there seems to be a slight change of heart going on in the GOP in regards to the ACA and healthcare in general. It may be that the residents of the 85006 overall may not have to live in fear of economic terrorism via the US Health Care industry 24/7/365......this is a big deal to me and those I am close to. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    What politicians care most about is getting re-elected and keeping their cushy jobs. They are afraid when people lose their HI they will vote against them. I think that is the reason. McCain said he thinks it is dead.
    My take, coming from the lower social classes: I am of the opinion that there are some Republicans who realize that if health care is taken away from people who have next to nothing or in some cases nothing, there is not much to keep such people from taking it to the streets or committing rash acts as they have very little if anything to lose. This goes against how I personally view the GOP - people who consider themselves invincible and above consequences for the effects of their legislation when it passes. I believe some of the GOP may be grasping that health care is a powderkeg and maybe it's in their best interest to drop this hot potato? Rob

I can hear the positive glee with the idea of violence against "Republicans" and "economic terrorism" by the "lower social classes" sneaking into the writing of some people.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I can hear the positive glee with the idea of violence against "Republicans" and "economic terrorism" by the "lower social classes" sneaking into the writing of some people.
    Perhaps a hearing test is in order then, Bae? There is no positive glee in my post to hear. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Perhaps a hearing test is in order then, Bae? There is no positive glee in my post to hear. Rob
    I get my hearing checked several times a year, Rob, as part of our required safety/health protocols, due to being exposed to noise levels that can damage hearing during my work. But thanks!

Thread Information