Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: July Purge

I realized I had too many glasses and coffee cups and then I looked at my bookcase with 40 books and only kept 10 of them. Will look today at my office closet to see what I can get rid of. Tybee, I know what you mean about men impeding the process)

Yesterday I worked on clothes. Got rid of about 12 items and now I am ironing and getting everything into groups. I think I will then set a number of allow type of garment and then only keep the x number I decide on, but I want them all there clean and looking at their best so I can decide.

I helped a friend onc ewith her close closets. She had so many clothes that we had to do only one category that day--collared golf shirts. She had 128 of them. I think we got her down to 70.

She had a really big house.

Kind of like the glasses, Terry. Which I should also do--try to keep them all in one place, but they seem to wander the house.

Tybee, I keep my good glasses in our buffet otherwise my DH will take one outside when he works. Like he can't tell the difference between good glasses and everyday

I'm working on my clothing collection, with gratifying results. Found at least six pairs of jeans I forgot I had--guess I didn't need to buy new pairs.
    I'm hoping to have a few leaf-sized bags full in the near future, plus some items to pass along to friends. I also found two lightweight jackets packed away that I'm crazy about, so yay me!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I also found two lightweight jackets packed away that I'm crazy about, so yay me!
    I love it when my decluttering helps me uncover things I can use! Yay jackets!

I took 21 items to Goodwill and recycled 9 printer cartridges that have been piling up in my office. New total for month: 76.

Yppej
    You all are inspiring me. I've always set a daily goal but so many days I am tired and don't get to it. I plan to switch to a monthly one for next year's resolutions.

I am working daily on my purging on another site with the help of a hoarding support group, so that I don't traumatize people here, but I wanted to update that I just posted my six week reckoning. I am tracking stuff the way you track money when you start "your money or your life".

my in list is shorter and mostly more practical and of higher quality than my out list (although it does include one plastic spoon) but it is slightly larger physically due to the addition of one small good quality piece of furniture.

i have target areas for the next month (papers and containers) and think I am doing well.

I like that idea of an in and out list, and I too have been working on upgrading.
    I have cleaned two out of three of the copper pots and am ready to start cooking with them.
    Upgrading is my theme this year.

I just purged the closet and then ironed all my unironed shirts. Now I am going to count how many shirts I want and purge accordingly.

In the midst of decluttering today, I found 2 boxes of hand-me-downs that my daughter and I had packed up months ago but never actually dropped off anywhere. So I took 30 items to Goodwill and another 19 to the home of friends with a slightly younger daughter. New total for month: 125.

Thread Information