Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Libraries, books, inter-library loans

I use, for lack of a better term, our system transfer policy very regularly. there are nine branches in our system. I also am indiscriminately returning items that were checked out at library A but I return to library B. Unlike WS, there's no reason other than convenience. Cost is not on my radar. I wonder if the costs are available to me? I will ask next time.

Quote Originally Posted by lmerullo View Post
    I use, for lack of a better term, our system transfer policy very regularly. there are nine branches in our system. I also am indiscriminately returning items that were checked out at library A but I return to library B. Unlike WS, there's no reason other than convenience. Cost is not on my radar. I wonder if the costs are available to me? I will ask next time.
    That's called "intra-library " activity. Sure there is a cost when library delivery staff drive the book you borrowed back to its home branch but hey, they want you to use the library so in most cases they encourage that. One library I can think of instigated a fee to return a book to its home branch, but I dont think that lasted.

Many library systems experiment with the concept of "no real home library " for intra-branch transactions. If a book sits on the shelf at Branch A, you retrieve it and return to Branch B, it stays at B.
    Last edited by iris lily; 7-19-17 at 12:45pm.

Thread Information