Thread: Lost track of money this month

Lost track of money this month

It hasn't happened in a long time but I have been getting ready for my camping trip , buying a lot of more expensive food ahead of time, had a few extra expenses and the balance is much lower than expected. I do have all the bills paid up, but am nervous about unexpected expenses while I am traveling because I don't have a credit card. Part of this was just having a social life for a change, driving farther to see people and spending a little, but not a large amount, on things with them. A big one was replacing my dying chrome book with a tablet.

So I have not had 2 weeks off in a very long time, barely one week in the last decade. I am taking some money out of savings and enjoying this, then planning on frugal August and September. I am still not sure what to plan on since I already purchased the food, or if I can go to my bank and get a small credit card in the next couple days so I feel better.. (my savings are in a credit union and not in my bank with my checking so I can't do a transfer)

Congrats on your vacation! Are you a member of AAA Auto Club by any chance?> I used to get a pre-paid credit card from them and load it up with money ( usually around $600 for three weeks) specifically for my road trips so I didn't have to carry so much cash and have the mental anguish of running up my credit card and having to pay it back when I got home. It was very convenient since no one uses traveler's checks any more. Where are you going camping?

Why not get the credit card from the credit union where your savings are? If you choose to get one at all, that is.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thanks guys, I will call the credit union tomorrow and see about that.

I am going near Ward Colorado, above Boulder. I have been hiking there 30 years on and off. Then meeting a friend in Dinosaur Colorado.we are camping and hiking a few more days

Sounds like a great trip Zoe Girl - enjoy your time and recharge!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thread Information