It hasn't happened in a long time but I have been getting ready for my camping trip , buying a lot of more expensive food ahead of time, had a few extra expenses and the balance is much lower than expected. I do have all the bills paid up, but am nervous about unexpected expenses while I am traveling because I don't have a credit card. Part of this was just having a social life for a change, driving farther to see people and spending a little, but not a large amount, on things with them. A big one was replacing my dying chrome book with a tablet.

So I have not had 2 weeks off in a very long time, barely one week in the last decade. I am taking some money out of savings and enjoying this, then planning on frugal August and September. I am still not sure what to plan on since I already purchased the food, or if I can go to my bank and get a small credit card in the next couple days so I feel better.. (my savings are in a credit union and not in my bank with my checking so I can't do a transfer)