Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossing the border next Thursday, a little apprehensive.....

Step down from your moderator role, Rob.

Rob has repeatedly said before that he is staying here until his Mom is gone. This question has been asked and answered before.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Step down from your moderator role, Rob.
    He has asked Alan for help here, doing that, (I know he has posted about being computer illiterate in the past) and his post (#50) was submitted to Alan.
    The relevant quote " If my posts are so offensive to you, isn't there a blocking feature here? I'm sure Alan would be glad to help you block me if my posts are so upsetting for you and I'd be all for this, too. "
    So Alan should be removing his moderator title, for the blocking feature to work soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Rob has repeatedly said before that he is staying here until his Mom is gone. This question has been asked and answered before.
    Mexico isn't that far away, with how often he has gone to visit there, it would seem close enough to do the reverse, obviously.

His Mom is elderly and I think she lives in the same town. It is much easier to help when someone lives in the same town versus another country. My sibs and i found that when my Mom was in her last few years of her life we frequently had to take turns staying with her for up to a month at a time. I think he is an only child which puts even more responsibility on him.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    The last time this happened I point blank stated that I refused to answer questions in this format and that I refused to be intimidated. The officer glared at me and I looked him straight back in the eye, remembering all my fears of the United States and how health care is doled out by social class (at least until ObamaCare and I'd argue this is still the case but the lower classes get a better deal now in the states that Expanded Medicaid) and how the rule of law is applied unequally dependent upon skin color and social class. The officer blinked and looked away first, as the eye contact became very intense but I refused to back down and yield out of respect to all who have ever suffered due to America. It was on the edge of escalating but I kept my cool and refused to be provoked.

My daughter just this morning cleared US customs/immigration, and says it took her < 5 minutes. Interestingly, they did it all on the foreign end, in Shannon, to make thing simpler for returning citizens.

Yppej
    My brother and I aroused suspicion returning from a college trip to Europe because we packed light and did not buy a bunch of souvenirs. But our simple selves made it in.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    His Mom is elderly and I think she lives in the same town. It is much easier to help when someone lives in the same town versus another country. My sibs and i found that when my Mom was in her last few years of her life we frequently had to take turns staying with her for up to a month at a time. I think he is an only child which puts even more responsibility on him.
    Thank You for understanding, TT. I appreciate this. Rob

Rob, I totally understand because my Mom wanted to stay in her own apartment and as she battled cancer and would have a few weeks or month at a time that she could not be left alone. My 2 sibs were retired but none of us lived in the same town. They stayed with her a lot more then me because I was working but I would go for up to 2 weeks at a time. However, traveling is an extra cost and it was my sister that could get there quickly if needed being only an hour away. She was s wonderful Mom and we all wanted to help. She got to stay in her own place until a week before she died. She was a tough woman.

Thread Information