Thread: It's so quiet here.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Geila

It's so quiet here.

Taking a coffee break and a little surprised at how quiet the forums are. Is this the new normal? I've been away for a bit.

I guess the positive side is that I'm less inclined to spend too much time sitting and being online instead of being productive.

Or maybe I'm just feeling like an outsider since I've been away. It just feels like there's very little engagement.

the forums are not very active.

I try!

I think summertime is a tough time for many forums to be active. People are out doing things, or on vacation and away from computers, and so on. I'm guessing the "oldtimers" here can confirm that quieter summers are fairly normal.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Geila, they are much less active than they used to be. Glad you are here!

This board has actually fared better than others but yes...it's always nice when there are a few new topics to reply to a day.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Summer is a busy time. Lots of outside activity.

That being said, I often wonder if newbies come and go because there are so many of us who have been doing the SL thing here for so long that they do not feel they have a place here. We've all BTDT. Do we intimidate those just getting into it from participating? Or maybe SL has become more of a norm and not so much discussion is necessary?

I'm always up to learning something new, and I love it when I find out about new resources. But...much of the forum discussion currently--- I'm indifferent.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I try to do my bit to keep the forum active - but I do agree that's it's much slower here than it used to be. When I showed my face here first back in August of 2005 it was much busier. I didn't have a laptop at the time and I would post from a public computer at a coffee shop close to where I was working at the time and hours would go by before I could check the forum to see if there were new topics of note and if I'd received any replies. Used to get so many replies compared to now! I miss the busier days, but that also did come with it's share of trolls, too. Now it's calmer but less active. Rob

Thread Information