Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: County fair

As a suburban kid we went to the Allegheny County fair in the Pittsburgh area for the entertainment ( Bobby Rydell was one I reacall), the sewing building and the flowers. When I moved to Frederick, MD in 1971 I was given tickets to the Great Frederick Fair...I was sorely disappointed at the lack of flowers. Since then I have become a huge fan of the fair. I love the animals and the large farm equipment that they let the kids climb all over, the canning and sewing displays, the 4H projects. The food- country ham sandwiches, ice cream. Horse racing. Jousting.

Today is the last day of our county fair. It seems to be shrinking, but every year I hope for the next year to be bigger. It is nice and crowded, but there seems to be a decrease in "participation" as far as events and submissions, etc.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Participate!

i am a one womán campaign to get my friends to enter stuff in the fair!

When we first moved to this area several decades ago, I used to participate every year - mainly entering crochet items and volunteering. Then life changed and participation dropped. Last year both my dd and I entered some items and it was very fun! This year we didn't make the deadline. Now I'm thinking... NEXT year! lol.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

We go to the fair tomorrow. Dog agility and obedience, draft horse day, and horse pull in the grandstand. Yay!

Thread Information