Thread: Transferring pics from iPhone to my email, then to folder. They've changed things.

Transferring pics from iPhone to my email, then to folder. They've changed things.

I wish companies would quit changing things all the time. Maybe my mind has just forgot the process, but I don't think so.

I've always been able to take a pic with my iPhone, and then send it to my email. From there I left click on the pic to make it bigger. From there I right click and it gives possibilities about what to do with the pic (like save to my desktop or picture's folder). Well, now when I right click the larger pic, nothing happens. I am noticing something at the top of the screen that is new, that reads "open with multifolder". But when I click on that, it doesn't make sense to me.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or what they've done to change things? Thanks.

Cathy, in which email service are you opening the email containing the picture? Is this a Windows computer? Mac? Chromebook?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Hi Steve. Sorry I didn't include that info. I have a Windows system and use Gmail.

Thanks. Not having a Windows system in the house and never having had a gmail account, I'm afraid I'm of little help on this one.

All I can suggest is maybe trying to right-click/tap on the picture in the view you get before you enlarge it. What happens if you do select "Open in multifolder"?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

If I right click on the picture before enlarging it, it gives several options for opening/saving a new link somewhere else. If click on the "open multifolder", it opens new possibilities about an app that lets you organize your files. I'm sorry I'm having trouble explaining this. I know very little about computers, except for what I know. (which isn't much).

Have you ever tried googling your specific tech problem? Sometimes that works for me. And sometimes there is a YouTube instructional video that shows screensand that is very useful.

You are not the only person who has this question I guarantee.

I called DS. Usually, he's too busy to call back, but he did today. We were able to set it up so he could see my computer screen and walk me through things. I have to save pictures a different way now, but at least I know how. Gosh, I can't believe how much DS knows. It's amazing the transformation he's made since he was a very ADHD little boy! I'm so proud of him!

Thanks Steve and IL for your replies.

Thread Information