Thread: Do you have a blog?

Do you have a blog?

I was wondering if anyone here is blogging regularly? I started a blog a couple of months ago, and am really enjoying it. I took a course on Skype from Rhonda Hetzel. She has a very successful Australian blog on simple living called Down to Earth. I love her books on simple living, too.

She is an excellent teacher, and I've been doing what she taught. It's working. The views have increased dramatically. You can link your blog to your Etsy shop, share it on Pinterest, and also on Facebook. It creates kind of a loop. A lot of my readers are in Europe.

I was just curious to hear from any bloggers here. What do you blog about, and how often do you post? Has it helped you to increase your income? What are your goals?

My blog is in my auto signature. I haven't posted in about 2 years though. After I hit 99 posts, I kind of got stuck.

I did enjoy doing it. The title is Silent Entry, and it's really about musings on the interior life, as well as kind of a hodge podge of other topics.

What is your blog about, awakenedsoul?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I use to blog until we got a stalker that started showing up at every art show. Completely deleted it after that creepy experience. Use to follow a lot of blogs but only check on one or two any more. Instagram sort of replaced blogging I think.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I started one, on simplicity, a couple of years ago. But it seemed writing something concise and informative was, for me, not simple and, actually, time-consuming beyond what I got out of it. So I got rid of it. My thanks to those who keep them going.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    I use to blog until we got a stalker that started showing up at every art show. Completely deleted it after that creepy experience. Use to follow a lot of blogs but only check on one or two any more. Instagram sort of replaced blogging I think.
    agreed, blogging isnt where its at now.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    My blog is in my auto signature. I haven't posted in about 2 years though. After I hit 99 posts, I kind of got stuck.

I did enjoy doing it. The title is Silent Entry, and it's really about musings on the interior life, as well as kind of a hodge podge of other topics.

What is your blog about, awakenedsoul?
    Hi Catherine, I'll have to go check out your blog. I've always enjoyed your writing. My blog is about living life as an artist. I have a lot of posts about hip replacement surgery. There's a huge number of people who are having their joints replaced, and I wanted to help those who were afraid to go through with it. I have a lot of people reading who are soap makers, knitters, and gardeners. The gardening posts get the most views.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    How awful, Float On. What a shame. I follow several blogs. We have a nice community of writers that read and comment on each other's blogs. Did the blog help attendance at your art shows?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    I started one, on simplicity, a couple of years ago. But it seemed writing something concise and informative was, for me, not simple and, actually, time-consuming beyond what I got out of it. So I got rid of it. My thanks to those who keep them going.
    It does take a lot of time, Steve. Now that I'm in more of a routine, I'm getting it down to a system. It is a big commitment. I really enjoy it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by awakenedsoul View Post
    How awful, Float On. What a shame. I follow several blogs. We have a nice community of writers that read and comment on each other's blogs. Did the blog help attendance at your art shows?
    Yes we had a lot of regulars who followed my blog, facebook page, Etsy page.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thread Information