Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Daily Bread

Fasting takes many forms. Fasting from worry, from self-condemnation, from self-righteous judgement, or anything that gives priority to oneself. Food fasting is positive but, IMO anyway, is the easiest. Fasting of our self-centred thinking is the challenge.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Fasting takes many forms. Fasting from worry, from self-condemnation, from self-righteous judgement, or anything that gives priority to oneself. Food fasting is positive but, IMO anyway, is the easiest. Fasting of our self-centred thinking is the challenge.
    I agree that one can use the concept of fasting in a self control context. After my experience, I do not believe food fasting is easiest. But it is rewarding to return to normal eating......the graham cracker cream pie had a narcotic effect on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    .....the graham cracker cream pie had a narcotic effect on me.
    That is funny! Strawberries and fresh whipping cream would be mine. Can you tell it is strawberry season here?
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .