Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Garden Photo Album

Geila

Garden Photo Album

I've been really enjoying the garden photos posted by various members. I thought it would be fun to create an album where everyone can post pics from their gardens and it can just grow with the seasons. And it doesn't have to be just the pretty pics, it can be anything, even projects we're working on or challenges to be tackled.

Here are some of my own garden. My little piece of paradise is created on a small city lot, in a pretty urban area. I created a cottage feel to make me feel close to nature. I share it with lots of creatures, big and small.
    Last edited by Geila; 5-7-18 at 1:00pm.

Beautiful! Such a pretty and peaceful little yard! What are those black and white things growing in the tree? haha.

Your dog looks like my friend's dog who is part Boxer.

Yppej
    A beautiful oasis. Thanks for sharing.

Lovely and peaceful, Gella!

One of these days I have to figure out how to post pictures again. i did know in previous incarnations of this site but not for this one.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Your garden truly is a paradise! You have a real talent, Geila!

We just built this fire pit. $100 for 36 retaining wall blocks. The garden you see is our tomato/cuke/squash garden. Then there's the succulent garden I just started this year.

IMG_3602.jpg

IMG_3612.jpg

IMG_3613.jpg

IMG_3614.jpg

The birdbath garden needs work. The pump broke, which is why the stones are a bit askew--DH was trying to fix it. Also the birdbath needs to be leveled. But you get the idea. It's nice when it's working!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Geila
    Thanks guys. Our garden is tiny but we do love it. Having nice weather year-round, we spend lots of time in it.

Catherine - your yard is HUGE! It's not a garden, it's a park. I love how endless it feels. Do you get to use it a lot? My dogs would love to run around such a big place. I'm not going to show them your pics because they will get jealous! I like all the projects you have going on and the all the separate gathering spots. I bet it's a great place to host family get-togethers and vacations.

I love your gardens and thank you for sharing. Here are a couple of mine (don't know why the gazebo is there twice). I have to take some updated pictures to share.
    18274957_1522866804392677_7447685665918272351_n.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yppej
    Rabbitproof fence in a different shape Catherine? And I love gazebos RR!

Rosa, that gazebo and walkway is gorgeous! I love walkways. One of my favorite gardens is the Japanese Garden in Portland, OR. Absolutely magical, and the paths just lead from one beautiful spot to another.

Yppej: Yes, that's our rabbit and deer-proof fence this year! We were going to build a real fence this year, but we thought we'd give this cheaper alternative a try. It's working so far! It's just a bit of a pain to have to untie it to get into it for fertilizing and tying up.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I love your gardens and thank you for sharing. Here are a couple of mine (don't know why the gazebo is there twice). I have to take some updated pictures to share.
    Rosa - somehow I missed your post! I'm so glad I got to enjoy it now. I love the little stone garden with the stone bench and firefly inhabitants. And that miniature shovel! The vignette is very zen, charming and whimsical. Sadly, I can't figure out how to create charm or whimsy in my garden. That particular talent eludes me, so I'm always happy when I get to enjoy someone else's.

And what a beautiful gazebo garden. I love how the natural stone path leads you to it, but rewards you with little pleasure spots along the way: the marked entrance, birdbath, plantings, rock gardens, etc., even the trees framing the gazebo. It's so thoughtfully laid out and yet simple and peaceful at the same time. I also like the expanding circle design that you've applied to the space. It's a very satisfying repetition of form. Did you build the stone paths and borders yourself? I bet hanging out in the gazebo is wonderful. Thank you for sharing!

And yes, please take more photos to share!

Thread Information