Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maybe my cat is not well - what to do?

It seems very uncaring when you call with a sick cat and they say they won't help you unless they can see proof of vaccinations. I just moved here so those things are packed away in boxes. I am not concerned with vaccinations and teeth cleaning right this moment...I just need a vet to check out my cat with some basic testing. I just never had to jump through hoops before like this. I will try Banfield as my intuition says he has an infection and needs an antibiotic. A cat jumped over the fence about two weeks ago and they fought so it might be from that. Ironic if so, as he never leaves his own backyard.

Pinkytoe, I agree with you....and now with the new info about the cat fight, I'd be taking him to Banfield, too.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Banfield has a terrible reputation nationwide. Our vets don't require proof of vaccines etc if you come in with a sick pet. That is terrible.

Banfield is booked until Monday so I guess it's a wait and see what happens. Made a Monday appt with a regular vet in any case but may end up at an emergency clinic. Naturally, I have company coming for five days. Funny how these things happen at inopportune times. Finding a vet before I needed one just hadn't been on my radar.

Cat fight....lethargy.....I wouldn't wait any longer if it were my cat. I look for improvement starting the end of day 3 or get to the doc. (I have 2 cats).

I persisted and found a vet who will see him in the am. Fingers crossed it is something they can fix. I didn't bring this cat 800 miles to lose him so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I persisted and found a vet who will see him in the am. Fingers crossed it is something they can fix. I didn't bring this cat 800 miles to lose him so soon.
    Good job! If it is hypothyroidism, they can give him medication, a pill once a day.

Do you have any emergency vet clinics near you? They might be a little more expensive, but they are generally open longer hours and they're all walk-ins since it's like an urgent care for pets. I hope your kitty is feeling better soon!
    PS: Join me for a newsletter on simplifying to make time for what we love. Message me with "I'm in" to join.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Can't wait to hear!!!!!

The vet found a puncture wound at the base of his tale but did not lance it. Just gave us antibiotics and shaved the area so we can keep an eye on it. Hoping that is all it is as he still acts like he is very ill. I was able to rouse his interest with a small piece of bacon so he's in there somewhere.

Thread Information