Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How bad is your morning commute?

I, too, have no commute now, but when I worked it was 30 minutes, my husband dropped me off and it took him 15 more minutes to get to his work. Friday afternoons it would take him 45 minutes to get to me but still only 30 more minutes to our house because we took back roads. This was 17 years ago and the traffic has gotten much worse in the main town. It takes 40 minutes to get where it used to take 30 and even more for the rest of the jaunt. We contended with some snow but as teachers the schools were often closed when it was bad in the later part of our careers. Early on there was lots of driving home or to work in the snow- I'm still chicken.

After my husband having a 30-45 minute commute in Raleigh NC, when we moved back he asked for the shortest commute possible. We found a house that was 1.5 miles from his office and 5 blocks from my former one. It was a good choice because I decided to go back to work to earn my pension and just walked to work. It was a good time to buy downtown which has now exploded in value and desirability. But we did it when it was still a questionable choice to many who still wanted to live in the suburbs.

If I am not picking anything up on the way in, 15 minutes, typically going the other direction from most traffic, not during rush hour.

It's an hour, about 16.5 miles.
    Trees don't grow on money

I just go downstairs, since I work at home.

About the amount of time it takes me to walk around my small house since I work at home too. I love my co-workers since they are furry and have 4 legs)

I have a 6 or 7 minute walk to the assisted living facility just outside my condo development. A bit rushed in the morning, but leisurely on the way home, so I take the back way along the creek.

25-30 mins. in moderately heavy traffic through a midsize city. I could work at home as many as four days a week but still choose to come into the office every day. I like the boundaries--when I'm at work, I'm at work, and when I'm home, I'm not at work and don't call me unless something is on fire.

Oh Bae! You have it so bad! I was kayaking the other day and they had a boat sobriety checkpoint set up on the lake!

Its 13 miles to work and I allow 20 min. for the hills and curves.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

My commute is about 30 minutes. There are a couple of spots where the trains can get bogged down so I Leave 20 minutes early if I have a meeting or call first thing that I need to be on time for. If the train tunnel is completely stopped and they have replacement buses it is an hour or more.

Thread Information