Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Acceptance or Change?

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    Steve - how long have you been on keto? I would estimate that I'm currently at 30 gr. Today I wasn't hungry at all and kind of had to force myself to eat breakfast at 10:30 am, and one of my salad meals at 4:30 pm. The Atkins book said don't go more than 6 waking hours without food, so tomorrow if I'm not hungry again I might try waiting to see how long it takes for my body to feel hungry as long as I don't exceed the 6 hours. Have you had days like this?
    I've been low-carbing it for a couple of years now, but went to keto over the last two months. I seem to end up at 25-35 grams of carbs a day. I don't test for ketosis; I do figure if my blood-glucose reading is high, it's either carbs or something else that explains itself pretty readily (stressful day, an infection, or, for example, the antiseptic mouth rinse I'm using right now).

I do find that eating this way has knocked out almost all between-meal snacking. I run into the same issue of not wanting to eat something every 3-4 hours but I know my blood glucose levels are more stable if I do, so I push myself to eat a little something. Sometimes it's only an ounce of cheese or a few nuts or some slices of pepperoni or such. I'm also not generally a fan of eating breakfast as soon as I wake up, but I'm trying to tamp down Dawn Phenomenon and I'm finding that eating breakfast within an hour of waking up (so, for me, by 7-7:30) seems to help, so I do it.

Yeah, once I got over the no-carb hump, the days of "FEED ME!!" pretty much went away.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yppej
    Yesterday the first member of my high school graduating class to die passed away. He was maybe 400 pounds and had undergone two successful kidney transplants over the years but a heart attack got him in the end. This was a powerful reminder to me to stay the course with my diet. He leaves two middle school children and a widow, his college sweetheart.

Thread Information