Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Better Deal

A Better Deal

Having come to the conclusion that simply campaigning on a “Trump is dreadful” message may not be the best possible strategy for the Democrats, I see the New York Times has given Chuck Schumer some space to outline what they hope will be a more positive approach. I understand they are going with the slogan “A Better Deal: Better Skills, Better Jobs, Better Wages”. Deviously clever, eh? They get to include an “art of the deal” dig at the same time as implying your pizza will arrive in thirty minutes or less. They also get to allude to the FDR Administration (although he did collude with the Russians).

I don’t think they’ve deserved the mockery (Papa John’s must be flattered). They’re going more positive at the same time as returning to their time-tested strategy of offering free stuff to the voters. I think it may work better for them than the skeptics think, especially if they do a little housecleaning at the leadership level.

Meanwhile, the Republicans have problems of their own; foremost of which is a President who may think he can pardon himself for any little inconveniences that may arise. How do you work around that? “Vote GOP, they’re the only ones who can save us from the Republicans”? I predict the 2020 primary season will be better than Game of Thrones.

Unfortunately, probably the same amount of drama.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Unfortunately, probably the same amount of drama.
    And you probably shouldn't get too attached to the major characters.

Potato. Potatoe.

It's just another slogan to add to the many. The democrats need to find a new approach to find what voters want or at least what works. It could be different and interesting or just more of the same. What we have is way off base from where I'm at and whatever they might concoct has a high probability of being better. It will always be politics as usual but there's a horse running loose in the hospital right now.

Yppej
    The better deal may include single payer. For some folks who could benefit read the last two pages of The Daily Rave feed. Maybe running on leftie values like health care is a right instead of waffling around in the middle will work for them.

Williamsmith
    Single payer is inevitable. It will follow 60's like protests, riots and violence. Paul Ryan and the rest of the GOP have assured us of that.

Single payer will NEVER happen in the US.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Single payer will NEVER happen in the US.

UL.....it will look like this.

https://youtu.be/PpjscJmSg8g

Thread Information