Thread: The cold and hacking cough that just won't go away

The cold and hacking cough that just won't go away

Seems like so many people in my area (NYC Metro) have this rotten hacking cough and cold that is lasting 6-8 weeks. Now I have it but with complete laryngitis as well. My sister says a lot of her patients in Boston area have it too...I feel like 8 weeks is just an incredibly long time to have a hacking cough! Is this going around nationwide right now?

Yppej
    I have not run into it. Everyone my way is sneezing all the time from pollen though.

It has been passed around the whole country. I had it last year and earlier this year. Mom had it and it ran thru her retirement community. She ended up in the hospital last year because she did not take her temperature seriously. Cough is the worst.

We have had it around here in the schools. The adults seemed to get the longer lasting cough than the kids. My staff and I called the DR and heard the same thing. Without any additional symptoms it was just a waiting it out.

Yes, it is definitely going around in Michigan and Indiana. I have had it for three weeks now, both the laryngitis and the cough.

Yes, in Oregon.
    It seems to be pretty much over now, but several people in my dance class were out for a month or more with this cough.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Coming late to this--yep, I had it too here in NYC. Such a drag. Finally it's gone, hope yours is too by now!

Thread Information