Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Day in the Life

M-F are so different from Sa/Sun.

Friday:
    0400 awake. Make coffee, drink coffee, surf the net.
    0520: shower for work, get dressed, pack my lunch and drive.
    0605: arrive at work, meetings, staffing a sick call, complete a performance appraisal, eat my own lunch and give 2 lunch breaks, conference call x2, work on reports
    1450: change clothes and leave work
    1505: have 1 cocktail with 1 of my 3 favorite bartenders because i had 20 minutes to kill and didn't want to stay at work
    1530: 90 minute massage
    1715: home
    1730: head to local Thai place for dinner (it's 2miles)
    1830: back home, surf a little and watch National Geo channel with hubby
    2000: to bed and slept a very magical 9h which is super rare for me!!!!

Most of my work days are longer not leaving till 4-430 and sometimes 6

Teacher Terry, your day sounds great to me--I also teach online, knit,and have dogs, so we must be kindred spirits!

I wasn't objecting to Teacher Terry's day for herself, nor to Geila's, I assumed that both are happy with their days, I was just amused by the variety.

i'm too fidgety and unfocused for either.

Tybee, yes we are very similar. I get 10-12k/steps every day so I am not inactive at all. I wear a fitbit to make sure I keep moving. Last night we went to a free jazz concert downtown which was nice. We walked the 2 miles home.

Hey Steve, you sound so much like my DH. I tease him about shouldering the burden of being in charge of QA for the universe.

Ah. I live in a place where going somewhere involves being in a car, it did not occur to me that "going" could be physically active.

Yes 5 years ago we moved back into town. WE love the new location because we can walk downtown where all the festivals, events, movies, theaters, restaurants are. They are in other parts of town too but where we live has things going on all the time. Interesting the young people do not want to live in the burbs so they are buying up these old homes in our neighborhood when they become available.

Geila
    Catherine - Yesterday was day 3 of the strips and I think my teeth might be a bit more white and bright. I'm going to do it for a week and see.

On the cleaning... I prefer doing big chunks and then being done with it. I'm like that with most projects. After deep cleaning the house, which was hard work, I want to keep it nice. The week before I didn't get a chance to clean and I was disappointed.

Saturday: (this day was harder to remember because it was less structured. I broke it out into chunks to help jog my memory.)

6:14 am - get up and walk our 2 miles with the dogs
    Breakfast - coffee and bagel, internet time
    Pick up after pets
    Appx 2-3 hours outside - watering, sweeping, scrubbing porch

11 am - feeling tired so I have an early lunch
    Dog grooming - brush cat and boxer (both girls love it), poodle got an all over trim with the razor with scissoring around the eyes/feet, trim nails (he hates it)
    20 min play session with dogs
    Bathe both dogs (dh helped dry the poodle while I bathed the boxer). Realized my scheduling of the dog baths the day after the bathroom scrubbing was not ideal.
    Dh played with the dogs while I tidied up the bathroom.

1:40 pm - head to gym for pool and jacuzzi
    3:15 pm - back from gym, take shower
    Feed pets
    Eat early partial dinner - 2 beef tacos
    Join the pets on the sectional couch for a couple of hours of rest and relaxation. Not able to nap due to coffee, so I just enjoy the garden views and a farmer's market nectarine.

6 pm - movie time - The Ghost in the Shell - eat rest of dinner: big salad, corn on the cob and popcorn.

Evening (maybe 8:30): Pop in Crest whitestrips and set timer for 30 mins
    Wash dinner dishes/pots/pans, wipe down counters, prep coffeemaker, take out trash, quick vacuum with cordless: kitchen and high traffic areas - total time 20 minutes
    Surf net while waiting for timer to ring

Enjoy some time sitting in the dark before bed. Pets and I lay on the sectional and enjoy the cool evening breeze while Dh watches Netflix in another room with headphones one. This reminds of childhood evenings and is always relaxing.

Shower, do the getting ready bit: brush, floss, rosacea cleanser, rosacea topicals, moisturizer on legs, etc.

10:30 pm - bedtime. Enjoy the sound of the water fountain outside my bedroom along with the gently snoring dog inside my bedroom. Asleep by 11 pm.

Mood:

I was surprised at how tired I felt by 11 am and I assume I was just hungry. And the dog baths always remind me that I really want a dog washing station in the garage. Doing it on my knees in the tub is hard work. The rest of the day was very pleasant and relaxed. The morning was very cool and the rest of the day stayed very nice despite hot weather predictions. The evening was lovely, in the low 70's and cooling down overnight to high 50's. We leave all the windows open and I got great sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Detail is my life. I'm the one who notices typos in signs and superimposed text on the TV news. I'm the one who notices that one of the four bulbs in the light fixture has a different color temperature. I'm the one who notices that the car is making a new noise. I'm the one who notices advertising nonsense terms like "farm-raised chicken" and wonders how else a chicken can be raised for food-production purposes.

It's a curse.
    OMG me too.....all these things make me nuts. Hubby who remembers all things trivial, isn't annoyed by any of these!

You are all inspiring me to get myself better organized each day which has been a goal for a while.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information