Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A Day in the Life

So Geila's days vary a lot! Lol!

today was a more "normal" Monday.

Planned stuff:
    woke to the alarm at 6:00.
    Made breakfast and packed lunch for dd, but not dh because we are out of the bread he likes
    coffee, conversation, breakfast, Internet, news, fed cat
    morning chores
    dishes
    spent an hour getting ready to paint.
    painted for 4.5 hours interrupted by a 45 minute lunch break and a 15 minute snack/water break
    groomed rabbit
    put away last of laundry from yesterday
    showered

Not as planned:
    dh stopped at the store and bought bread and stuff to cook for dinner because I didn't make it out for groceries.
    he cooked. I assisted, set the table, and cleaned up.
    dishes are not caught up because they wouldn't all fit in the dishwasher.

extra unplanned thing - burned burn bag because dh fried fish - burn bag is a paper bag in which I collect food and wax contaminated paper and random bits like toothpicks. I burn it (legally) every few weeks.

back to plan:
    evening chores

need to set up coffee.

Planned things I didn't get to today:
    drop recycling and trash on the way to grocery store
    buy groceries
    studio time

they will get bumped to the (top of?) the list for tomorrow

i am exhausted. It's not even 9.

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    So Geila's days vary a lot! Lol!
    That's the beauty of being home and being your own boss!

Today was a fairly typical week day:
    5:30 - up, feed cats (inside and outside), start coffee, shower
    6:15 - start breakfast, wake up DD, fend off cats, drink coffee, eat, pack lunch, read for a few minutes, start dishwasher
    7:00 - change clothes for work, grab work cup of coffee
    7:10 - leave for work
    7:50 - no traffic snarls so early for work - work, lunch, work, etc - NO meetings today!!
    4:30 - leave for home
    5:20 - home, change, move cars when DD gets home, feed porch kitties, get mail
    5:45 - start supper, eat, talk
    6:15 - ask DH where he put the book for the washer. need the receipt, which should be with book, for warranty repair guy. DH swears he never saw a book, there was no book, just a website. Start going through piles looking for receipt - side tracked by some pictures of Mom's I found, laugh and cry...
    8:00 - find receipt. Magneted to the side of the fridge. In a baggy with the book. Where DH put it.
    8:15 - sit. watch episodes of Gilmore Girls, even though I have much to do.
    10:15 - work in kitchen, put away clean dishes/load dishwasher, fix coffee pot, remind myself that I start tomorrow with an off-site meeting;
    11:00 - visit here, play a few games, get ready for bed
    by midnight, should be in bed so I can do it all again tomorrow!!

Yesterday:

6:30 Up. Doesn't seem to matter anymore if I set the alarm or not. Coffee and email. Serve the dog's food.
    6:50 Make breakfast for Mrs. S. (she's home from work today) and then for myself.
    7:20 Spend more than half an hour on Facebook; a group I administrate seems to have hit some new threshold of popularity and requests to join are coming out of the woodwork. There are requirements to join, however, so I have to evaluate each request. This also entails cleaning up requests from a month ago which never received a response.
    8:00 More coffee. On-line research on a new image-manipulation I'm looking at.
    8:55 Give the dog her antibiotic. She's gotten wise to it so we have to find interesting foods in which to hide it. Today's choice is leftover mac-and-cheese (she rarely sees "people food"). Yes, this takes five minutes of prep and cajoling.
    9:00 Go out to mow the lawn and edge before it gets too hot and humid today (a relative term in Minnesota).
    10:10 Get back in after doing that. Sit in front of a fan with some cold water for a while (more than a few minutes). Catch up on email and Facebook.
    10:40 Shower and shave.
    11:00 Prep tomorrow night's dinner, which needs to marinate for a day (oops; should have read the recipe before this morning).
    11:20 Hungry, so it's time for lunch. Pre-cooked chicken breast and a plastic clamshell of organic "spring mix". DW isn't hungry yet.
    11:55 I do the dishes the dishwasher does not.
    12:10 Check email again and get sucked into reading articles in (on-line) newspapers.
    1:15 Check physical mail, sort and recycle, and pay a couple of bills.
    2:00 Go with DW to DD/DSiL's to watch our grandkids while DD goes to an appointment.
    5:30 Appointment and chat is over so we leave. I didn’t have time to prep anything for tonight's dinner, so we go someplace decent and cheap in our neighborhood. (In the past I've had a stock of prepared meals I could thaw and reheat quickly but I'm drawing down the freezer stocks and we're changing our way of eating as well so we don't have much in the house.)
    6:30 Home from dinner. I get the trash and recycling out of the house as tomorrow is pick-up day for both.
    6:45 Done with most of the night's chores. Back on-line to catch up and to do some research on a new med my doctor is suggesting that I start. I'm not having that conversation with her "cold".
    9:30 Get the dog outside one last time, prepare coffee for this morning, and close down the house.
    10:00 Bedtime.

Kinda tired even just writing it all down...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Williamsmith
    M-F
    Up at 6am small breakfast, out the door and arrive at the gym by 6:30 ish, work out until 8:15 ish.

Monday evening ....golf and adult beverages. I might some days get started a little early on the beverage thing and stop a little too late.

Saturday and Sunday whatever the wife wants to do....it's her weekend.

Every other weekend some time with my granddaughter.

I have a pretty rigid house cleaning routine, laundry and grocery shopping plan. I plan and cook all the meals. I handle all the finances. I am a damn fine house husband.

Otherwise.....I do whatever the hell I please. I live such a simple life, people who knew me before I retired can't believe I'm not looking for work. I've declined an offer of deputy sheriff, chief of police and special investigator for the District Attorney, security for the energy sector and even help at a local funeral home. I'm not looking to extend my legacy......I am looking to extend my life.

Geila
    Monday
    6:30 am - get up and do my walk w/ dogs
    Start the JM 30Day Shred
    Go out to breakfast, plan day
    Put kitchen towels and napkins in the wash
    Make bed and tidy bedroom
    Pass out flyers on my block for National Day Out
    Pick up after pets
    Do some online tasks
    Clean out the fridge and freezer
    Tomorrow is garbage pick up - take out trash, recycling, garden clippings
    Go to Sears and buy a fridge
    Post on here about angst regarding fridge purchase
    Make a batch of hard boiled eggs for later use
    Eat a late lunch

3:40 - head to gym
    5:20 - back from gym - stopped at store on the way home and picked up some romaine lettuce
    Feed the pets
    Make a big salad for dinner
    Eat dinner while surfing online
    Watch an hour of Netflix with headphones on while DH naps

Evening cuddle with Dh and pets on the couch
    Evening routine - washing up, wiping counters, pack dh lunch, prep coffee maker

Move a few things that are where the new fridge will go so I can clean the area tomorrow.

Shower - bed prep

10:30 - bedtime

Mood:

Jitters and nerves about the large purchase. Hoping I will like how the fridge looks in the space. Making a commitment that if I don't like it, I will try different things until I find an arrangement that works. So glad to have the pool and jacuzzi! I felt so relaxed being there and for hours afterwards. Grateful to have the life and resources that I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I'm not looking to extend my legacy......I am looking to extend my life.
    This place needs a Like button.

I'm very well treated by family and friends, in part because my lifestyle lets me be there for them when they need someone. I figure the family and friends will remember me when I'm gone. Work? Most of them have already forgotten me. 's okay...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information