Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell to the Mooch

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    You make a good point. While we fret over there being too many white men in Dunkirk, how some tiny sliver of the military dresses on the weekends, or people in high places uttering naughty words, there is a larger world out there to consider. While people here play-act at resisting a dictator, there are plenty examples of the real thing out there.
    I can't speak for everyone else, but as one of those people play acting at resisting a dictator my concern is not that things are as bad as any of the other examples razz gives. My concern is that the clown in chief would make things that bad if given a chance and that the party with the majority in the legislative branch seems reluctant to do much to stop him. But no, even though I'm sure he really wants to, at this point he still is not able to simply have Comey and Mueller offed, Russian-style. The worst he's managed to do so far is make a mockery of the office of President and piss off our allies around the world so that they will be less inclined to help us should a potential disaster happen to us.

Williamsmith
    I'm having a hard time connecting what I see happening around me with what is going on in Washington DC. Some people in my neighborhood appear to be really disgusted with the crassness of our current batch of politicians but they have elected them and so are committed to backing their policy. The system seems to be held together with duct tape and whirling around at near red line speeds. Threatening to fly apart at any moment. It is and continues to be a ride on an old wooden roller coaster. Hard on the back, your neck gets whiplash but you can't get off now. We are headed somewhere but it's not clear to me where yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I'm having a hard time connecting what I see happening around me with what is going on in Washington DC. Some people in my neighborhood appear to be really disgusted with the crassness of our current batch of politicians but they have elected them and so are committed to backing their policy. The system seems to be held together with duct tape and whirling around at near red line speeds. Threatening to fly apart at any moment. It is and continues to be a ride on an old wooden roller coaster. Hard on the back, your neck gets whiplash but you can't get off now. We are headed somewhere but it's not clear to me where yet.
    Where? To the shitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post

The Mooch is basically a **** ****. Good riddance. I say bring back Spicey. He's a little daft, but you pretty much knew what you were getting. And never let Trump speak to the Boy Scouts again!
    I miss Spicey--our own deadpan version of loveable Baghdad Bob. Sarah Huckabee Sanders is about as professional and polished as a Cracker Barrel hostess.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Sarah Huckabee Sanders is about as professional and polished as a Cracker Barrel hostess.
    That's a good one! I may not ever look at her the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    That's a good one! I may not ever look at her the same again.
    I hadnt heard her, had to go listen to a few seconds of her delivery.

well, ok. It is elitest, and popular by the coasties, to make fun of an accent South of clipped Midwestern flyover country. Personally, I wish the speaker for the White House didnt sound too bumpkinish, but there it is.

I've heard some lovely Southern accents over the years--I think of Lady Bird Johnson and Letitia Baldridge (IIRC)--and many that were perfectly pleasant to listen to, but Sanders needs elocution lessons or a voice coach, IMO. Call me elitist; I think the people running or representing our government ought to be a notch above in intelligence and/or skills.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I miss Spicey--our own deadpan version of loveable Baghdad Bob. Sarah Huckabee Sanders is about as professional and polished as a Cracker Barrel hostess.
    Annie Oakley?

I'd also like it if we had a president capable of stringing together a coherent thought and also get past the fact that he only got 46% of the popular vote 268 days ago. But apparently stupidity and insecurity aren't considered liabilities anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Annie Oakley?
    She shoots from the hip?
    Naaaah.

Thread Information