Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell to the Mooch

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    And this the same week that Siri learned the words to Bohemian Rhapsody. "Scaramooch, Scaramooch, will you do the fandango? Thunderbolt and lightning, very very frightening, me!" I wonder if the song was Fredie Mercury somehow predicting this ten days of the trump administration.
    Hmmm.. who knows! Freddie Mercury definitely had some serious insights...
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Hmmm.. who knows! Freddie Mercury definitely had some serious insights...
    Siri can be very insightful too! Her deadpan recitation of the song (ask her "I see a little silhouetto of a man") has made me think that perhaps she's profoundly wise.

Williamsmith
    North Korea and Health Care. Does anyone see the elephant in the elephants room?

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    North Korea and Health Care. Does anyone see the elephant in the elephants room?
    Yes. Healthcare can get dragged out indefinitely. A few ten thousand Americans dying slow ugly unnecessary deaths isn't noteworthy. North Korea can't get dragged out forever. Having someone so inexperienced and so snowflakish in the position of president terrifies me with regard to that because I have no idea how he's going to handle this issue. I'd like to think that more experienced heads will prevail over his worse instincts, but he's done a pretty good job of getting rid of anyone competent and surrounding himself with people who are even stupider than he is. All I can say is thank god I don't live in Seoul.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    all distractions, drama, shock and awe.

I don't for one minute doubt that most agree tax reform, health care, the deficit, immigration, welfare programs, plus a host of other issues need addressing. But it seems to me that most of those in charge do not have the priorities of the American people in mind. It seems all about getting richer, having more power, getting your cronies and friends in a good position and to hell with anyone who falls by the wayside. It is your fault, you know, that you weren't a white male born into wealth.

Let's not for get climate change.

As Bae would say, Ordo Ab Chao. Both parties are long overdue for a big shake up. The dems are still trying to put humpty dumpty back together and the GOP is basically dead for the near future and is in denial of Trump's weeknesses. Meanwhile, the president himself is governing by deal making and intimidation. It's a fine mess we're in Ollie.

The Mooch is basically a **** ****. Good riddance. I say bring back Spicey. He's a little daft, but you pretty much knew what you were getting. And never let Trump speak to the Boy Scouts again!

Oh dear. What I see is an amazing demonstration of the power of very ordinary people by the very ordinary people in full technicolour. Do we make bad choices in our daily lives? Yes, each of us does every day.
    Compare the transparency of the White House with all its challenges and the response of the US population to:
    - the Assad regime and its cruelty on its own population
    - the turbulence in Turkey
    - the chaos in Kenya
    - struggles in Venezuela
    - secrecy in Russia
    - the starvation in northern African countries
    - controls in the Mid-East royal regimes
    - and so on.

Are we perfect anywhere at present? No, but when challenges are brought to the surface and exposed to public scrutiny, decisions based on selecting the best option at the time are necessary. There is tremendous intelligence in so many levels and demands on being made to set aside personal agendas for the common good; more about personal responsibility along with individual freedom. I firmly believe in humanity with all its warts. I have seen too much of the good to ever doubt that.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Yes. Healthcare can get dragged out indefinitely. A few ten thousand Americans dying slow ugly unnecessary deaths isn't noteworthy. North Korea can't get dragged out forever. Having someone so inexperienced and so snowflakish in the position of president terrifies me with regard to that because I have no idea how he's going to handle this issue. I'd like to think that more experienced heads will prevail over his worse instincts, but he's done a pretty good job of getting rid of anyone competent and surrounding himself with people who are even stupider than he is. All I can say is thank god I don't live in Seoul.
    I don't think you need to worry about bodies littering the streets for lack of Obama's healing touch. The new entitlement has taken root like Canada Thistle. Some form of government monopoly or near-monopoly seems inevitable at this point.

As to the Peoples Democratic Republic, I'm not sure substituting genius for incompetence would move the needle much there. The remaining communist holdouts such as Cuba or NK seem to have reverted to a sort of medieval dynastic model pretty much immune to reason, bribes or threats. It's hard to see any amount of diplomatic finesse having much impact. Probably the best we can hope for is to tinker with missile defense systems and containment until the starving peasants decide there's nothing left to lose. I feel bad for Seoul, but if you build your house on a flood plain, you're almost certainly going to get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Oh dear. What I see is an amazing demonstration of the power of very ordinary people by the very ordinary people in full technicolour. Do we make bad choices in our daily lives? Yes, each of us does every day.
    Compare the transparency of the White House with all its challenges and the response of the US population to:
    - the Assad regime and its cruelty on its own population
    - the turbulence in Turkey
    - the chaos in Kenya
    - struggles in Venezuela
    - secrecy in Russia
    - the starvation in northern African countries
    - controls in the Mid-East royal regimes
    - and so on.

Are we perfect anywhere at present? No, but when challenges are brought to the surface and exposed to public scrutiny, decisions based on selecting the best option at the time are necessary. There is tremendous intelligence in so many levels and demands on being made to set aside personal agendas for the common good; more about personal responsibility along with individual freedom. I firmly believe in humanity with all its warts. I have seen too much of the good to ever doubt that.
    You make a good point. While we fret over there being too many white men in Dunkirk, how some tiny sliver of the military dresses on the weekends, or people in high places uttering naughty words, there is a larger world out there to consider. While people here play-act at resisting a dictator, there are plenty examples of the real thing out there.

It made sense that Trump would have chosen loud-mouthed, uncontrolled Scaramucci (very much like himself). I'm sooooooo glad he's out. The problem is, Kelly might have great ideas for Trump as to how to use discipline (for once) and control his ID and narcissism, but it's hard to believe that Trump can do that. We'll see. It's all very disconcerting and unreal.

On the news this morning, they listed 3 people on the short list to replace Spicer/Scaramucci........one of which was Kellyanne Conway. Hmmmm.......here we go again??

It's hard living in a circus right now.

Thread Information