When I finished giving everything the first coat of primer yesterday, had a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment.

which is a nice shift from being sick of painting.

today I worked in the studio. I was having a really good time, and then a few things started going wrong, and I realized I had gone from "making things" to "trying to get things made". So I took a step back. I need to wrap some work before I go to bed tonight, and tomorrow I will go back to "making things" and whatever gets done for the sale will be done.

i did take the time to set up a drying rack with a fan today - something I've wanted to do for a long time. Unfortunately I over dried a few things because I didn't realize how well it would work (part of the things going wrong) but used judiciously it should save me a lot of wait time.

i'm not sure what I'm going to do with the stuff I took off the rack, but at least some of it is probably headed for the kids' "going, going, gone" list. It turns out that after 16 years I'd rather have my drying rack than a handmade (by my children and their friends) 24" deer hide drum.