Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Becoming authentic

The picture was here, and now i's gone. Clearly not part of my skill set.

I'm starting to make plans for fall, including work. It is occurring to me that "knowing my own worth" may be one of my issues. If anybody would like to Help with my current literal struggle with that you can check out the workplace forum.

I had a fight with dh about my bike today. I actually have two bikes. One belonged to the mother of a friend I went to high school with, do it is about 40 years old. The other used to belong to dd1. The bikes get moved around the studio barn because they have no home. Dh keeps moving them over to "my" side in the middle of the entry area, and I keep moving them back to "his" side next to the tractor. Today he decided one of the bikes was in his way again and exploded.

i want to ride the bike. I don't ride the bike. I haven't ridden the bike in years. Anyway, not getting into the whole arguement, I am taking the older bike to goodwill, and the other bike is put away in the rafters. Maybe by spring I will make a place to hang it on the garage wall. Realistically I will not be biking this fall.

Williamsmith
    Luckily, you are longer in temperament than me. Had that happened to me, I would have probably used a sawsall to cut both bikes into six inch pieces. Nothing like saying, "I'm crazier than you!" To get your point across.

We tend to avoid doing or saying irreversable things in anger - probably part of why we are still married after almost 27 years. Also, I don't think it has ever, for a moment, crossed dh mind that he might be crazier than I am. He doesn't want to open that box.

yesterday dh hooked the speakers up in the addition. This morning we are enjoying classical music. We used to have classical music (usually baroque) every Sunday morning, and then, we stopped. I didn't notice when. But this is nice.

I am on marriage number 3 and agree with CL.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    We tend to avoid doing or saying irreversable things in anger - probably part of why we are still married after almost 27 years. Also, I don't think it has ever, for a moment, crossed dh mind that he might be crazier than I am. He doesn't want to open that box.

yesterday dh hooked the speakers up in the addition. This morning we are enjoying classical music. We used to have classical music (usually baroque) every Sunday morning, and then, we stopped. I didn't notice when. But this is nice.
    I acquired a taste for Vivaldi.....to me it was very calming and creative.

This morning I am feeling tired and unmotivated. I am probably unmotivated because I am tired. I am tired because I did not get enough sleep, and I did not get enough sleep because I waited for dh to get home at ten o'clock last night,bee stayed up until 10:30, he then watched videos in bed (.with headphones but there is light and he moves around and sometimes laughs - which keeps me awake or sleeping shallowly/waking up) for I don't know how long. Then his alarm went off at 5:45.

having me get up and pack his lunch and make his breakfast is very important to dh. And getting an early start to my day is beneficial to me. But only if my day actually gets started. So the bedtime half of this must be corrected.

also, I am aware that when I don't want to do the thing I "should" be doing, I tend to procrastinate online. I need to retrain myself to either to the thing (optimal) or at least do something else that I do feel like doing. Because it is not actually helpful to deny myself what I want to do because I would feel bad about doing that instead of the supposed to do thing and then do something with even less value.

This sleep thing--I realize you have presented this as a non negotiable, but there is NO WAY IN THE WORLD I would allow someone to dictate my sleep environment to the point where I did not get needed rest. That is allowing someone else to dictate my health choices.

I really hate it when others interrupt my sleep, and currently it is my little cat who is such a damned sleep interupter. i constanly push her out of bed. My dog, on the other hand, is a great sleeper.

DH goes to bed much earlier, and in another room. We dont clash about sleep patterns.

No, see, mornings have been negotiated. Unless he wants to reopen negotiations on mornings, he needs to agree not to get in the bed until he is willing to turn everything off and go to sleep. And I need to take care of myself by getting to bed in time to get 8 hours of decent sleep.

he instant messaged me - I packed him soup and a fork. (He was laughing about it, not complaining) Clearly he has an interest in me starting my day rested.

It's time for you to take care of yourself and let him figure out his own damn lunch plans. Just sayin'. 😄

Thread Information