Thread: Daily Gratitude Journal

Geila

Daily Gratitude Journal

When I wrote out my day earlier, I felt so good after verbalizing my gratitude and I realized that I haven't done that in a while. At least not on a regular basis. It's one of the things that brings me a lot of peace and contentment - the practice of gratitude.

I want to do a gratitude journal to help with that and open it up to everyone. To me, this is one of the most important benefits of simple living: gaining the mental, physical and emotional space to appreciate that which is most meaningful in our lives.

Today I am grateful for my health.

I am grateful that my two sisters and best friend live close enough that we were able to meet for lunch today.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Geila, after a hospitalization each of the three past years, I am very grateful for my health today. Knock on wood - I make it through 2017 without a hospitalization!!!!! I'd be beyond grateful for that! Rob

I am very thankful for my friends. With having no family, my friends are precious to me and I am thankful for each one. From Rose Mary, my oldest friend, who moved next door to me when I was about 10 years old and remains my best friend today, to Karen my newest friend who came into my life just over two years ago when I was reeling from just having buried my husband and she was reeling from a divorce. And everyone in between who came through the years and stayed. Good friends - for them I am thankful.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

thankful for our new puppy, who is settling in really well with one of our other dogs.
    thankful that my new grandbaby is on the way, any day now.
    thankful for the happiness that comes my children's way.
    thankful for the garden, which lifts my spirits each day.

Today I am grateful for being able to fix my IPad with a simple reset. Youtube and some other video delivery systems had beem not working correctly, but now everthing is A-Ok.

Today I, too, am thankful for my health -- and that I have the energy and the knowledge and the means to manage it better.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information