Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RV living

RVing always sounds like a cool retirement lifestyle to me. I like to go on cruises, where your cabin is little more than a sleeping place/dressing room and where the scenery changes almost daily (if you want it to), so I don't think I'd much mind having an RV that's little more than a sleeping place/dressing room and where the scenery changes almost daily (if you want it to). But I don't think I can pry DW away from family for long enough to make that way of living a "lifestyle". Too many roots (family and friends) to want to be nomadic.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

We had a moderator here in the bad old days who maintained a PO box with a mail forwarding service in Texas
    Loose Chickens! Now she was a hoot!

I love this idea too... maybe some day. While I've never used, I love Teardrop trailers!!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    Loose Chickens! Now she was a hoot!
    I've been thinking about her and wondering what she's up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I have been hankering for a pull behind small camper for about 2 years, mostly because of the stress of finding motels that take dogs, and how easy it would be to park in my kids' and parents' yards for 2 weeks.
    My DIL's father bought a teardrop camper. My son/DIL borrowed it to go to a wedding in order to save on hotel costs, and they loved it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I have been hankering for a pull behind small camper for about 2 years, mostly because of the stress of finding motels that take dogs, and how easy it would be to park in my kids' and parents' yards for 2 weeks.

But try as I may to interest my husband in the idea, he is balking. And since he is the one who will have to drive the things, I figure I ought to just give up.

But we saw a casita the other day and the guy gave us a tour and he was almost sold on the idea.

stop that Casita talk! It made me go to google, and now I see there is a 13' Scamp for sale near me. They can be pulled with our current vehicle.

OMG IL, do it. Maybe we should buy it, ifyou don't

OMG IL, do it. Maybe we should buy it, ifyou don't
    Now I cant find oit, just as well. if I remember correctly they wanted around $4,000 which seems cheap to me, assuming it was rady to use condition.

DH and I used to travel in our supercab 1/2 ton with a cap. We threw in an air mattress and sleeping bags, all our camping gear was in a metal box.
    We loved it! DH would make the morning coffee and bring it to me; I would then get up to make a solid breakfast before we moved on. Lunch was minimal and we would buy our evening meal or the makings for it. It was so simple and easy. Very wet periods of weather we might get a room for a night. We would often go exploring as far as one tank of gas would go and then look for a nearby campground as a base. We found some delightful little communities that way especially in the NE states and Canadian maritimes.
    I see these big rigs now and am amazed at the effort and cost involved. Way too complicated for me. Those little teardrops are cute though.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I laid down inside a tear drop and to me it felt like being in a coffin. WE have a 27 ft motorhome. We have 3 small dogs and one big guy. WE don;t have any slide outs and it does get crowded. The longest we have went is one month. We just came back from a 4 day trip with friends and there were no hookups. Our generator did not work which we knew but when we got there our lights and water did not work and when we turned on the gas stove we could smell gas. My DH thought maybe we had blown fuses but could not find where he put the extras. So basically it was a rolling tent. Ugh! WE still had fun with the 3 other couples but had to use flashlights at night. WE had plans to take a few short trips in the fall but depends on if DH gets things fixed or not. WE met people when we went on a month trip that lived in them all the time and some smaller then ours. I don't know how they did it.

Thread Information