Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby chicks!

Williamsmith
    This little conversation is a hoot. I clicked on the thread thinking, "Now what could be more important to a person who refers to herself as "Chicken Lady" than a thread named, "Baby Chicks"? I was right. I raised chickens as a kid. I prefer raising rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Cackle - I really wanted barnevelders, and the last time I went with an unknown small breeder it was an expensive disaster. Since I didn't know anyone who could recommend a breeder, I went cheapest commercial I could find.

the live chicks are individually marked for identification, strong, and healthy. They air condition the hockey sticks out of our post office, so the dead chick might just have been cuddled to death.
    That's where I got mine from too. I was very happy with them. they did give me 1 more of one breed and 1 less of another I ordered.......but that didn't really matter. I got buff orps, black australorps and easter eggers. I had to put colored leg bands on all but the easter eggers, since they all looked the same. I loved them all. The easter eggers had the most personality though. People don't realize that they have personalities.......but they do, and I loved having them. But.....since they were "pets".......I suffered through 17 deaths through those 12 years.......all made me really sad. I have a chicken graveyard on the property and have a windchime there that has a big chicken on it.

Thread Information