Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally debt Free

Finally debt Free

Since probably the beginning of the Great Recession - that Costco Visa is paid in full. No debt period.

No mortgage, no car payments, no credit card debt, etc. We owe no body nuttin' and it feels so good.
    We thought it would have happened last Spring - then two large car repairs postponed it, but the online bill
    pay just was sent.

DW should receive some inheritance money this fall - so nice that she does not have to spend it to clear
    debt.

Feeling extremely thankful right now, such a huge burden lifted. Before I changed positions at work I
    looked at customer's credit reports all day and could never understand how comfortable people are about
    debt - I am totally the opposite.

We always had the cash to pay off the debt, but once in the bank - it is so hard to put back in, so we
    avoided draining down the savings.

We live in a small house, drive a 2003 Camry, I bike to work - yet today, I feel very rich. Now off to
    pack my lunch, hop on my bicycle and head to work. Life is good.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Wondeful news, Greg44! Let me be the first to congratulate you.......nothing quite like not owing your life energy to someone else, especially to a for profit bank......Way to go! Rob

Congratulations!! Do that Dave Ramsey Debt-Free Scream! (cue Braveheart)

I'm hoping to be debt-free, except for the mortgage by October 1 after BILs house is sold. And I'm projecting that by 2018, or 2019 at the latest, DH and I will be able to find a house in Vermont at a price that will enable us to put the mortgage to rest.

Yes, life is good when those chains are broken! Never understood the meaning of giving away your future until I became heavily in debt. Good for you for reclaiming it!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Wow, congratulations! I'm really pleased for you and your family! Well done!

Congratulations!! That is wonderful.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Congratulations. Getting there is half the battle. Staying there is the other half.

Greg44, that's fantastic. A big accomplishment, very glad you and your wife can enjoy yourselves with no debts!

Yppej
    Congratulations, and totally get hating to spent saved money/life energy. Any plans firvthe inheritance?

You have done well! Enjoy it.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Good work! Financial freedom is very satisfying.

Thread Information