Thread: Changes in the Rest of Your Life from Using the Kondo Method

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Changes in the Rest of Your Life from Using the Kondo Method

Hi Everybody,

I have been putting off reading Kondo's book ever since it came out simply because I'm more on the brink of being a hoarder than just a messy person, and I thought it would be too discouraging. But after starting reading it today, I can see the total logic in it. It's just that "doing everything in one fell swoop" in my house would mean taking a month off of work and all other responsibilities, which I can't do. Nevertheless, I am on a reduced work schedule this summer and have, actually, been doing what she says you must do first: discarding. And I've been able to do it in long sessions. And I can see that once I'm through with that, that I will be able to sort things by category.

One thing I love in the book is the idea that changing your home will change your life. I've always totally believed that my hoarding issues were, at bottom, a spiritual issue, and that when I tidy, I'm doing a kind of spiritual work. I mean after all, getting rid of what you don't need and arranging what is most important in the way that makes the most sense to you seems to be, to me, the essence of living a good life.

I'm curious if any of you who have done so much Kondo-ing have noticed significant changes in other areas of you life. Hearing about them sure would be inspiring!
    Last edited by ejchase; 8-6-17 at 4:37pm.

Thread Information