Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Hello

Single Mama taking back her life, one simple moment at a time! That is my goal anyway.

I am divorced and trying to still unravel this crazy web that was woven. I still have some debt to deal with and my goal is to save a certain amount of money, in retirement, by the time I am 50, which gives me 7 years to make it happen. I literally walked away from everything we had together, took about $15,000 in assets and mine and my son's personal items, a small retirement, my vehicle, 2 cats and my freedom. I am actively reducing my expenses while living a more fulfilling life. I am very interested in minimalism, or at least, living with a lot less. Already seem to be on that path.

Looking foward to seeing what these forums and y'all have to offer. Thanks!

Welcome, Txbeauty! That sounds like a challenging transition and I wish you well in achieving your goals. I look forward to talking with you on the Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Txbeauty View Post
    Single Mama taking back her life, one simple moment at a time! That is my goal anyway.

I am divorced and trying to still unravel this crazy web that was woven. I still have some debt to deal with and my goal is to save a certain amount of money, in retirement, by the time I am 50, which gives me 7 years to make it happen. I literally walked away from everything we had together, took about $15,000 in assets and mine and my son's personal items, a small retirement, my vehicle, 2 cats and my freedom. I am actively reducing my expenses while living a more fulfilling life. I am very interested in minimalism, or at least, living with a lot less. Already seem to be on that path.

Looking foward to seeing what these forums and y'all have to offer. Thanks!
    Welcome! Glad to have you here. Please feel free to go wild and participate as much as you like here.

Welcome to this site! I'm looking forward to your posts. My experience through my divorce is that I'm not sitting on the piles of $$ that many of my non-divorced friends have. But I certainly am living a better life. That money doesn't make up for unhappiness (or, worse, abuse or other issues). I wish you the best moving forward. You do seem to have the motivation to make it happen.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Welcome! Are you sure you haven't been here before? Your intro seems very much like someone from TX with one son, who use to post here before and when she was going through the divorce stage. Oh wait, I think she had 2 dogs not 2 cats. I wish she would check in I think you two would really connect. Congrats on realizing you needed to make changes to empower yourself. I think you'll have a lot to contribute here.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Welcome! Don't get overwhelmed with implementing too many things to work on in your transistion, but tackle something each day as you can. The main thing is, you have started and that's a big step!
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Congrats on your new life! I did something similar at our age and was never sorry. Happiness is more important then $. Welcome)

This forum is interesting for me. There are a lot of good topics for discussing - family, work, hobby, health ...

Remembering you when single mama, Txbeauty. Welcome back and wishing you success in your journey.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Welcome! Reading about simplicity will be your best friend. 2 recommendations that helped me the most? "Your Money or Your Life" and "The Simple Living Guide" by Janet Luhrs.

Thread Information