Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: not comparing, okay comparing

You don't have to quit. You just have to stop caring. Your version not caring will still be caring too much, but it will free you from being so involved in your job.

How do I know this? I have lived this. When I tried to care less and just get the work done and go home ... I was still a high achiever but I was happier.

I don't know where you would go, but if you are more unhappy than happy (which we haven't really determined yet) I think you should explore possibilities, even improbabilities. At the worst you will discover that given your non-negotiables (location?, level of security?, income?....) you already have the best possible job. Which should hopefully make it more acceptable on the bad days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    You don't have to quit. You just have to stop caring. Your version not caring will still be caring too much, but it will free you from being so involved in your job.

How do I know this? I have lived this. When I tried to care less and just get the work done and go home ... I was still a high achiever but I was happier.
    Stop "caring" I dont know, but working to align one's personal values of work more with the work values of the organization would be good. I think "stop Believing that my way is THE WAY" is more like it.

The OP and her oganization share the same single core value: give good care to kids. Period. All of the rest is methodology to provide the care. No one method is THE TRUE WAY so why not jump on the train that the organization chooses? Right, wrong, or in between, those practices are just choices.

"Care less" - sounds better than not caring. A person can care too much as in codependency.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    You don't have to quit. You just have to stop caring.
    Yes, this exactly!
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield