Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: August Purge

Yppej
    I don't know Jane, but he will undoubtedly spend weeks researching this online. Both stores were small, locally owned, no pressure businesses. One does not offer their salespeople any commissions. I too avoid the high pressure chains.

Edited to add: Where did you get yours from?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oh I dont know, the only personality that house is showing to me is the pinkness. We would pay $235,000 for that.
    I liked the layout, the finish, and the little side porch, as well as the color, the neighborhood, the property size, the fenced back yard, and the nice mature tree in front. As well as a little entryway, which is often hard to find. When I look at real estate, I typically look at 100 properties for every one I like, even a little. I suppose my current house has more character, but I hate its layout and wasted space (and a thousand other things). There's very little habitable in the Seattle or Portland areas for around 235K. My old condos--also with a nice layout--are going for about 250K, with much less space. Probably not for long.

It was years ago; I bought it on line. You could look on Amazon or IKEA. Both have a wide assortment of affordable foam mattresses.

Yppej
    Thanks.

I went through my sock drawer today and discovered I have TONS of socks. Found 21 that had holes or were without partners and put them in the trash. New total for month: 59.

Yppej
    Do any of you find when you throw out things that it raises the bar for what you have left, and then new items look subpar (e.g., new white items look dingy)?

I took 10 old bath towels to the Humane Society for dog bathing. Oh she was so so happy to have them (why did I have 10? I keep a box in my car trunk and when it's full it get's "emptied").

And today I will fling some zucchini to neighbors

Quote Originally Posted by ejchase View Post
    I went through my sock drawer today and discovered I have TONS of socks. Found 21 that had holes or were without partners and put them in the trash. New total for month: 59.
    59! Yikes!

I ordered a pair of drawstring jeans on eBay (fortunately for very little) then found a trove of miscellaneous jeans (including that style) while I was filling a donation bag. Oops.

http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best...32c59-87728673

These prices seem high, especially compared to IKEA.

Yppej
    Thank you Jane. He said he is too stressed to even think about mattresses but I think he will come around eventually.

Thread Information