Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: August Purge

Yppej
    I culled through some papers from my unemployed days. The Unemployment Commission says you may be audited to determine if you were truly entitled to benefits. Does anyone know if I need to keep these for 7 years like tax records?

With my daughter's permission, threw out two pairs of her shoes today. They were totally worn - got our money's worth out of them. New total for month: 36.

Yppej: I don't actually know for sure, but I would treat them like income tax records. DH had a period of unemployment several years ago, and we tossed much of the stuff from UE (resource materials, etc) bu kept the critical stuff like the 1099 forms.

Yppej
    Thanks RR.

I thought this was a really interesting question, Yppej, and when I Googled it, I think it seems to vary by state? So make sure to check your state's laws on this. Good luck!

Rosa: I sometimes do what you do when dusting and ask myself if I want to dust it. If not it is history.

Yppej
    Tomorrow is trash day, so I filled up the rest of my barrel with black plastic. I skipped it this year and my squash produced later but I will take that tradeoff given how unsightly it was, plus on windy days although I had the edges and strategic parts of the center anchored down with rocks it would often flip up and cover the plants and I would need to fix it.

About half the plastic is still in the basement and I will tackle it on another week when I have room in the barrel. It is getting to be fun thinking of what I can go through and toss to keep up with you all!

I recently found a smallish, affordable, darling house in Oregon. Unfortunately, I'm still buried in this one--or soon will be. My beloved went to look at it today. and he loved it--very unusual. If I were a more efficient person, or a risk-taker, or had some energy, I'd just pull money out of my house, make a down payment, and go for it. But alas. I was slowly moving toward packing, but now I'm motivated. Too late for this one, but maybe I'll catch the next gold ring..(I see the price has gone up 25K since it was first listed. Crazy market, that one!)
    http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...8-37678#photo1

Yppej
    It's nice, but the price! I have more square feet and Zillow values my house at $200,000.00 less.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    It's nice, but the price! I have more square feet and Zillow values my house at $200,000.00 less.
    That's an average price for hereabouts. A friend says that she bought the only habitable house in Portland under $200K a year and a half ago (believe me, she saw them all), and it's appreciated $140K since. Unless I want to move to an outlying area like Olympia or Corvallis or buy a condo--anything's possible--that's the price I'm going to pay.

Thread Information