Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Leaving the USA....

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Her focus once was on 'old language', if I remember correctly.
    Norse and Celtic Studies. Unlikely this will take her to New Zealand, but those Viking explorers ranged widely - some of her research work is on Viking settlements in Constantinople :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Norse and Celtic Studies. Unlikely this will take her to New Zealand, but those Viking explorers ranged widely - some of her research work is on Viking settlements in Constantinople :-)
    I just got back from visiting L'Anse aux Meadows in NFLD and touring the island with my grandson on a tour. The sun was shining, icebergs on the ocean, beautiful breeze, 20C temp, enthusiastic re-enactors answering every question thrown at them and my imagination went wild. DGS even went exploring, as early teen boys will, and found the kind of flint rock needed and used to make early knives and made several. Have you or your daughter gone there? There are so many Viking settlement areas to explore which I would think in Iceland and Norway would be amazing.

One of the tour members was a re-enactor so researched and made herself a costume of that Viking time which was great fun to see with the fasteners, decorations and layers of fabric.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    I'd opt for Norway. Had a Norwegian Elkhound once. She was a good dog. Norway has fjords. I rest my case.
    peaceful, easy feeling

Yppej
    When do you have to decide by?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHiker View Post
    I'd opt for Norway. Had a Norwegian Elkhound once. She was a good dog. Norway has fjords. I rest my case.

Thread Information