Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Selling" my time and skills - pricing

Well, if you include the cost of all materials provided (they are) tutoring would be $37/hr class. I have to collect the money and turn the room rent and materials fee into school. They provide liability insurance, the facility (including janitorial services), materials and equipment, background check to reassure parents (required of all teachers), my professional e-mail for parent communications, and minimal advertising (batch e-mail about all tutoring opportunities 2-6 times a year)

So, they decided not to go with private lessons, but I am ok with that, so I feel fine with my decision.

also, I finally got my contract for the regular school year,and I got a 2.5% raise! I wasn't expecting a raise at all this year because I got a really nice raise last year and they gave me more hours this year. So, this will really help with the addition!

That is great, the raise and hours. Sounds like a better deal than staying after for tutoring

Congrats on your raise.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post

also, I finally got my contract for the regular school year,and I got a 2.5% raise! I wasn't expecting a raise at all this year because I got a really nice raise last year and they gave me more hours this year.
    They know a hard worker and valuable employee when they see one! Congrats!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Awesome!

Thread Information