Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How long does it take to determine cat compatibility?

I do like Jack also.

I read somewhere that most animals respond better to short 2-syllable names with a "y" sound at the end. But I can't think of any that would be cute. Any ideas?

Float - that's weird about the pet reactions to Frontline. I've been using it for at least 15 years without any problem. Good info on the collars. It might be a good thing for me to try in the winter when there's less fleas around. My little poodle hates it when I apply the drops, I think they itch or burn his skin for about an hour afterwards. My strange boxer actually likes getting her drops.

Marmalade- Marmy for short?

so happy you are keeping him. I had a friend that adopted 2 very senior kitties from the HS so they would keep each other company. They did not fight but were never in the same room unless she was with them. I just named my new puppy Max so I am partial to it.

Today I'm keeping the new guy in the garage with the door open into the house. My diva sat at the doorway for a while making unhappy noises, then she went in the garage and walked around voicing threats. The new guy just stayed put in his bed the whole time. Then she walked out and went to lay on the couch and has not paid him any attention since. He's afraid of being in the house with her in it because she threatened him last night. I hope that later today she will be okay with him being in the house as long as he doesn't go near her.

One good thing is that the dogs have been really good with the new cat in light of his feline harassment. At first he was afraid of the boxer but now he's fine with her even when she walks up to his bed and sniffs him.

I'm going to try to get a photo of him to post. I tried this morning but he was too skittish and wouldn't stand still long enough for the camera to capture his face.

Another good thing is how impressed I was with the traveling vet clinic. They only do vaccinations, microchip, and a few tests, but they were very organized, well staffed, used technology to make everything go quickly and smoothly, and so professional and friendly. Plus, there was about 15-20 of us in line and I got to enjoy a bunch of gorgeous pets! There was at least 5 puppies in the 2-4 month old range. So CUTE! They come to my local pet store every weekend for 2 hours each day. After the initial burst of customers, they were not busy at all. And even with the initial crowd, it all went very quickly.

I'm looking forward to taking my other pets there when their shots are due.

Beautiful kitty!

What a sweet face! He is more like a creamscicle than a jack-o-lantern!

We named our new puppy Abby after the character on NCIS and a few ancestors. So we meet the two syllable y parameter.

I looked creamsicle and you're right! He's quietly exploring the house right now while the diva sleeps.