Thread: buddy system

buddy system

For long overdue, major decluttering, I went by dh's and my horoscopes and picked a sterling day at the beginning of a good month (August 2017--two positive eclipses). I use Susan Miller's Astrology Zone's chart interpretations--free on the internet. On that sterling day, I told dh (he a packrat, I a minimalist) I wanted us to clean out our closet of clothes and everything else. We ended up with large bags of clothes we took to Pete's Place homeless shelter here in Santa Fe. We hung our coats up on a pegboard I'd ordered months ago from a Shaker place. Then we did our living room junk. I got the long bench out of our bedroom where I'd kept this and that for years. I put those things away and put our boxes of heaters, garden stuff, etc. on that bench in the living room. (In our mid-70's we're more into utility than beauty.) Today we started a stint of an hour in the morning and one in the afternoon where we clean up our desks, finishing tasks of long standing, which eliminates the clutter.

We live in a 600sf house and it was impossible for me to get my act together due to distractions of him, dogs, parrot. But working together for limited times, so far so good.
    I think deep in our hearts we know that our comforts, our conveniences are at the expense of other people. Grace Lee Boggs

Yppej
    Good for you. Do you feel freer?

A team effort makes it more enjoyable as well and sharing the success. Way to go!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Happy to see you are back) I was wondering what happened to you. Good to see you are making progress.

Thread Information