Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 225

I have 225 things.

I am really slippin'...

It's the cooking that does it.

maybe you could not count Harlan's leash. That sort of belongs to Harlan.

Harlan is allowed 10 things. He has eight (and his leash is one of the eight). But I do not count his things as mine.

So I am really at 225.

I was thinking of you when helping my sister move last week. I think she has 225 pairs of shoes! You really feel the burden of your stuff when you have to pack it, move it, and then unpack it. I feel motivated for some serious purging!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I feel motivated for some serious purging!
    Excellent! I fully support this.

Williamsmith
    UL, I am ashamed of you. Because of your hoarding, someone else is going to have to make due with less than 225 things.

Serious question, wouldn't it be more scientifically accurate to limit yourself to x amount of mass? I mean, how is owning 225 thimbles equivalent to owning 225 bags of cement mix? Surely, counting "things".....is near the bottom of the evolutionary minimalist pyramid!

See, now I think Harlan has too many things. I realize that Harlan is a dog and not a cat, but what does Harlan really need? My can has a litter box, a food dish, a water dish, a pillow and an ash can where we store his dry food. He does not really need the pillow, but in the winter we put it in a cardboard box in the garage for when he stays out at night. He doesn't actually need the water dish either, but we prefer that he use it.

each goat has a collar, a share in a water bucket, a share in a feed bucket, a share in the hoof trimmers, and a share in a leash. Actually, some if the goats have been known to discard their collars and/or reject the leash. Goats are minimalists!
    Last edited by Chicken lady; 8-12-17 at 9:32am.

4 Dogs, 4 bowls, 3 water dishes, two water buckets in other parts of yard, Collars and 3 tags each, Dog Couch, Dog youth bed to lounge on in patio, at least 8 assorted leashes, two feed buckets, 5 blankets, 4 brushes and furminator,,,,,bones everywhere, toys oh my can't count them and yes all needed and played with and mostly more love than I can't put number on!

So is a pair of shoes considered one thing or two?

"Perspective" is such an amazing thing! You are sad at 225 things, while I would be thrilled if I could get down to 225! But if it makes you sad, I'm sorry and hope you can find your happiness. If it helps, know that even your "excessive" 225 things is motivation for me!! Thanks!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information