Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Charlottesville

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Hate crime legislation is absolutely a form of thought crime prosecution, and anyone who objects is either a racist or homophobe or some other popular label. It's the slipperiest of slopes.
    We already differentiate the "level" of murder based on what we believe the person was thinking at the time. Is that not the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    We already differentiate the "level" of murder based on what we believe the person was thinking at the time. Is that not the same thing?
    I think that goes more to the capacity of the murderer to understand the choice he or she was making. Calmly planning and executing a crime being considered more serious than acting in a sudden fit of rage or due to some mental defect. In my mind, there should be little difference between planning a murder for profit or for ideological reasons.

Is it possible the antifas are paid by the right wing to disrupt? It plays right into their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    Is it possible the antifas are paid by the right wing to disrupt? It plays right into their hands.
    That's what I was thinking. As much as the thought of punching a Nazi in the face appeals to me, that kind of thing is unhelpful to our cause.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    Is it possible the Nazi-LARPers are paid by the left wing to disrupt? It plays right into their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Is it possible the Nazi-LARPers are paid by the left wing to disrupt? It plays right into their hands.
    That's an idea that probably plays well in some circles. Bannon, Duke, and company are pretty convincing, though.

Is it possible that the extremist violent agitators on *all* the sides are being paid/influenced/organized by People Who Don't Have Any Of Our Best Interests At Heart?

Is it possible that the extremist violent agitators on *all* the sides are being paid/influenced/organized by People Who Don't Have Any Of Our Best Interests At Heart?
    I see the malevolent hand of the pepper spray industry in all this, probably in unholy alliance with the American Tear Gas Association, Russian Intelligence and Space Alien Lizard Overlords, Inc. The signs are all there for those with the courage to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I see the malevolent hand of the pepper spray industry in all this, probably in unholy alliance with the American Tear Gas Association, Russian Intelligence and Space Alien Lizard Overlords, Inc. The signs are all there for those with the courage to see them.
    Indeed so! And it's no coincidence that so many of those eclipse viewing glasses were recalled as "unsafe"...

I think Occam's Razor applies here. You have a few Yahoo's on one side and a lot of Yahoo's on the other side engaging in ideological virtue signaling, with an element of Blood and Circuses thrown in to entertain the masses.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein