Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlottesville

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    But bae! What if the report confirms exactly what you want to believe!?
    Then I am compelled to redouble my skepticism.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Then I am compelled to redouble my skepticism.
    I support this.

Here's a photo from the incident. (Allegedly).

Notice that both the antifa and the fa forces seem to have shields and weapons. Note also the body language and actions of the crowd around the two hoplite armies. (The antifa folks have clearly done a better job with their fashion coordination, the fa side seems a bit ragtag and in need of discipline.)

These recent events remind me of some of the reality TV shows littering my cable subscription, complete with viewers and other observers taking sides, promoting their favorite antagonists and talking trash about the opposition.

I'd be happy to ignore the KKK, White Supremists, BLM, Nazis, CAIR, Muslim Brotherhood, ANTIFA and any other group advertising their grievance to a bloodthirsty media, as well as any person or group who demands that I condemn one more than another. They're all shitheads!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Notice that both the antifa and the fa forces seem to have shields and weapons. Note also the body language and actions of the crowd around the two hoplite armies. (The antifa folks have clearly done a better job with their fashion coordination, the fa side seems a bit ragtag and in need of discipline.)

Can you point out the antifa side's weapons? I admit I'm getting old so perhaps my vision isn't what it once was, but I'm only seeing some fashionable shields on that side.

http://www.sfexaminer.com/white-supr...ready-planned/

It'll be interesting to see how things play out in one of the most liberal cities in the country in a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    These recent events remind me of some of the reality TV shows littering my cable subscription, complete with viewers and other observers taking sides, promoting their favorite antagonists and talking trash about the opposition.

I'd be happy to ignore the KKK, White Supremists, BLM, Nazis, CAIR, Muslim Brotherhood, ANTIFA and any other group advertising their grievance to a bloodthirsty media, as well as any person or group who demands that I condemn one more than another. They're all shitheads!
    and like the reality TV shows the media is giving them what they want, attention. And I agree that all the groups you mentioned are shitheads. And you probably missed quite a few. It would be better to just ignore them, as long as they are not hurting anyone or destroying property. Let them rant and rave, if no one came to the rally, who would they fight with.

Looks like somebody raided a community theater prop room.

Tricky to trust any reports coming out of the incident at this time, given the amount of disinformation that's flying around.
    If you can't trust a freelance writer person with a lot of projects, who can you trust?

Williamsmith
    I have been part of the riot control element of law enforcement. There was a major prison riot I recall (That got very ugly- hostages and plenty of assaults) , a G20 summit in Pittsburgh (some property damage to banks), some local militia protests against the United Nations, second amendment rally, ....each of these events has its own flavor and potential for violence. We trained, we hoped for the best. Sometimes it all worked out nicely, sometimes we took our name tags off and quit playing nice in the sandbox. That's the nature of these events.

From what I have read and the pictures I have seen......I would not have been too intimidated by the elements present. It could have been a wonderful episode of Monty Pythons Flying Circus with the characters involved. Had it not been for one act of domestic terrorism, it would have been forgotten by cable news before the next shift of anchors came in.

The mainstream news propagandists do our country a great disservice by harping on these things interminably. CNN and FOX are the first two representatives of this I can think of. I don't watch them. I can't stomach their rhetoric. And when you start nodding in agreement and finding yourself repeating their mantras on either left or right....you surrender your obligation to determine for yourself right and wrong. Finger pointing is totally worthless.

I think law enforcement is quite capable of dealing with the clashes between these two groups of silly protestors given the right leadership. But what is likely to develop as a sort of offshoot is an uptick in domestic terrorism...and that we can ill afford not to be prepared for. I suspect most of the resources are being spent on Islamic terrorism prevention but historically we have a quite capable group of nutcases willing and able to commit terrorist acts in order to further their warped agenda.

Thats the sorry relavence to Charlottesville, not the current meme.

Thread Information