Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: School year goal

I got to spend a lot of time in the studio this weekend.

i’m still Working on the glaze cups, the buckets, the drywall, the molds and the cardboard.

i have my 3rd and last sale of the calendar year in two weeks - second one of the school year.

i Am still adjusting the studio time/wet clay work. My current hope is to get an hour of throwing in every day because I am not going to make progress if I don’t practice. I already see a bunch of days ahead when that won’t happen (like the two days when I am at the sale) and Wednesdays and Fridays are doubtful, but if I try I am likely to do at least something.

All vegetation is cut down for fall and I am putting out yard waste every week. I have cleared up one of the three piles of brush, etc.

I did an hour of wet work in the studio this morning (but not throwing). I also made some hippos this evening.

I have two new students starting tomorrow and I don’t have buckets ready for them. But I found out about one of them at 3:00 today.

i am subbing in all of my open periods on Thursday, so that is going to cut back my clay time also - I have to get to school 3 hours earlier and I have to do my planning at home.

Ask ally on school days I get up at 5:30, spend half an hour waking up with coffee online, and then have from 6-8 to make breakfast, eat, pack our lunches, do an hour of chores, and get ready for school. Leave at 8, home a little after 5 if I have no errands, and then I feel like I have a lot of time (5 hours) but it’s dinner, another hour of chores, and any planning and housework that need doing. Plus any errands cut into that 5 hours.

CL I don't see any rest time in your schedule. That's what part of the 5 hours after working all day is for.

Well, I am alone with my thoughts in the car on the way home, which often gives me enough time to “shift gears”.

and I seem to be doing quite a bit of “sitting around” or something, because I can’t figure out where most of the 5 hours goes.

Sitting by the fire making hippos is restful.

It's lovely to see you are getting, choosing to get more time in the studio. I am sure it takes a big shift in thinking to get there and not put it off as there are many other things clamoring for your attention. congratulations!

I snuck 20 minutes in this morning, and I was out for an hour and 15 minutes after I got home, but 10 minutes of that was on the phone with dh and 20 with dd2. I am bad at “DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE”.

i think I will be close to where I want to be by my sale if I keep my focus though.