Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: School year goal

I got to spend a lot of time in the studio this weekend.

i’m still Working on the glaze cups, the buckets, the drywall, the molds and the cardboard.

i have my 3rd and last sale of the calendar year in two weeks - second one of the school year.

i Am still adjusting the studio time/wet clay work. My current hope is to get an hour of throwing in every day because I am not going to make progress if I don’t practice. I already see a bunch of days ahead when that won’t happen (like the two days when I am at the sale) and Wednesdays and Fridays are doubtful, but if I try I am likely to do at least something.

Yppej
    All vegetation is cut down for fall and I am putting out yard waste every week. I have cleared up one of the three piles of brush, etc.

I did an hour of wet work in the studio this morning (but not throwing). I also made some hippos this evening.

I have two new students starting tomorrow and I don’t have buckets ready for them. But I found out about one of them at 3:00 today.

i am subbing in all of my open periods on Thursday, so that is going to cut back my clay time also - I have to get to school 3 hours earlier and I have to do my planning at home.

Ask ally on school days I get up at 5:30, spend half an hour waking up with coffee online, and then have from 6-8 to make breakfast, eat, pack our lunches, do an hour of chores, and get ready for school. Leave at 8, home a little after 5 if I have no errands, and then I feel like I have a lot of time (5 hours) but it’s dinner, another hour of chores, and any planning and housework that need doing. Plus any errands cut into that 5 hours.

CL I don't see any rest time in your schedule. That's what part of the 5 hours after working all day is for.

Well, I am alone with my thoughts in the car on the way home, which often gives me enough time to “shift gears”.

and I seem to be doing quite a bit of “sitting around” or something, because I can’t figure out where most of the 5 hours goes.

Sitting by the fire making hippos is restful.

It's lovely to see you are getting, choosing to get more time in the studio. I am sure it takes a big shift in thinking to get there and not put it off as there are many other things clamoring for your attention. congratulations!

I snuck 20 minutes in this morning, and I was out for an hour and 15 minutes after I got home, but 10 minutes of that was on the phone with dh and 20 with dd2. I am bad at “DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE”.

i think I will be close to where I want to be by my sale if I keep my focus though.

So Yppej, how did the yard waste turn out?

it’s been a month since I updated this, and i’ve been reworking the time in the studio over and over.

This month i’ve made a tiny bit of progress on the cardboard and drywall. I’ve also identified a couple of sales to check out for possible participation in 2018/19, and I had my third for 2017/second for the school year.

the glaze, molds, and buckets have pretty much stalled.

Yppej
    I got all the brush out, but there are no more yard waste days so the leaves will wait for spring. Someone gave us a leaf blower/mulcher but it did not work to speak of.

You are really planning ahead!

Well, there is an annual winter fair coming up in early February that has a dec 1st application deadline, so if I go and check it out and like it, it would be something to plan to do in 2019. When I found it, it was really too late to get my act together and apply by dec 1st.

i’m glad you got your brush done.

Thread Information