In this year of our Lord, 2017, I have taken two substantial trips. In May I went to Israel and Jordan and I just got back on Friday from Argentina and Uruguay.

In 2018, I would like to travel to two more destinations. I am most open to trips to just one country at a time but I will consider trips that are convenient for a twofer.

But here is what I am thinking:
-I want to go without a cell phone. When I travel I usually borrow an old dinged up iPhone from my BIL. I want to go totally incommunicado for the next trips though.
-I want to take only my REI Daypack (see review on this forum). This pack is pretty dang small.
-I want the trips to be as inexpensive as possible. I tapped out my travel funds and will need several months to replenish the coffers. I contribute to 2 retirement vehicles and I keep a fairly well-resourced emergency fund. But I can still set some more money back for travel, and I will likely have a good-sized tax refund in the spring because I use it like a discretionary spending savings account.
-The trips need to be international (No repeat locations; I have been to Costa Rica, Aruba, Spain, England, Canada, Portugal, Israel, Jordan, Argentina, and Uruguay).

Here is what I ask of you all:
-Suggestions for books on traveling on the cheap?
-Suggestions of places to go (perhaps you went or know someone who did) that fit the bill for my goals above?
-Any other advice or ideas that come to mind?

Thanks! Feel free to be snarky, but real advice is appreciated too! haha