Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: School year goal

I have 3 trees made to go with my dragons for Maker Faire! I also taught one session of Yarn Arts on Friday, we made god's eyes and they turned out great. I have a TP tube bangle project for next week. the TP tube is wrapped with yarn and then designs can be woven into the yarn. Plus I have done fabric paint designs on some pillow cases for the reading corner at work. So those are all the FUN work things to do.

Trees? That sounds neat.

Today i carried some pieces of drywall out to the barn and i spent 1 hr, 45 min on my potery. Some of that was prep work - like wedging clay, but none of it was cleanup or organizing. I have three large pieces underway to hopefully finish up tomorrow, and clay "resting" for some smaller items i can work on as demos at school. I emptied three buckets but did not wash them yet. They will get washed tomorrow and go to school on wednesday.

Yesterday I spent an hour and 25 minutes on my pottery (week total so far 3hours, ten minutes!)
    and I washed those buckets.

today I made 4 medium sized ware boards and took them to school along with the three buckets.

each student now has a bucket and one (out of 5) of my classes is full. Plus new enrollment generally slows about now. So there is less pressure to empty the remaining buckets. There are a few at school with lids that won't last the year though, and at least two at home with no lids at all.

I moved another piece of drywall from the garage to the studio (there are 3 more leaning on the wall in the garage) and made two large ware boards and left them at school yesterday.

CL, It's so great to move the big things that are taking up space and get them somewhere useful! Good for you!

Moved another piece of drywall, used some cardboard, spent 4 hours in the studio including stopping to make another large ware board when I needed it, took a break, and went back for 2 hours and 20 minutes - so I'm well over my 8 hours for the week.

i didn't start anything new, but I was working with Unfired clay - detailing, trimming, and finishing started projects! I feel like I made a lot of progress - some of them I decided to just toss in the reclaim bucket, but that is progress too! Until I clear up my backlog, I shouldn't have new things underway unless they are a specific thing I need more of, I am using up trimmings from something else underway (saves reworking the clay) or I have actually reached a point where nothing I started can be worked on - hah!

there will be plenty of new work needed for my Holiday sale, so I don't have to just finish projects, but no more big new ideas!

one prototype I finished today is definitely a one of a kind instead! Cool idea, complete pain to execute and going to be a challenge to fire.

Yppej
    I cut down the rest of the blueflags. Next will be false sunflowers but the neighbor had a tree cutting crew in that area so I couldn't work there. Sawdust, tree limbs, et cetera were flying everywhere.

I know you are happy to have that tree down though.

i worked in the studio for 3 hours and 15 minutes today. No new pieces, just wedging and finish work and scrapping old starts. The bad news is that reworking all this clay is filling up my buckets again, but it's still a step in the right direction. Must finish what I start!

Well, after that strong start to the week I have done nothing. I'm not sure if I'll get to it today - I have a lot of barn work to do.

i did get an e-mail that I have another student starting Wednesday, so I need to have another empty bucket for her.

So last week was a “break” but so far this week I have washed a couple of plaster molds and emptied the bucket for the new student. I also signed up for the holiday sale at the studio.

i am starting to think that I won’t make the October deadline on the drywall. Not because I can’t do it, but because I want to give it a little longer to see what sizes of boards I really need as I am prepping for the holiday sale and how many we actually use in the classroom. I will get the last two pieces of drywall out of the garage though.

Thread Information