Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: School year goal

Great!

Chicken lady,

Kudos on the milestone of 10 years of teaching.

From your 5/24 post, I gather that the initial goal for the school year helped focus your attention on the disorganization/stuff problem. But the problem persisted, and it may even be getting worse... despite the progress you made.

In my opinion it is "resilient" to substitute a more attainable goal, when an initial goal has been thwarted. It seems that you have replaced your school-year goal with a realistic summer-goal.

Your last-day goal of emptying the closet (for the first time in 10 years) is radical! That empty closet will be part of the solution next year, yes?

As they say in Cleveland, There's always next year.

Yppej
    I got rid of the leaves and brush - achieved.

Now I have lots of weeds - summer goal.

So, I did in fact leave my closet empty. Actually, my whole classroom looks pretty good. (Dh is not excited about the huge mess I brought home.) I didn’t quite finish everything I wanted to do in it, but more than enough to have it cleaned. I may go back in on Thursday for the final room clean out day - maybe even take something back.

right now I am visiting my son (I am the only one in the house awake because he lives in a different time zone and dh is a sleepy head) we brought him the six bins of his electric train which he is happily setting up in the basement of his brand new (to him - built before I was born) house. The bins were in my studio. So, win there.

i have a lot of critter barn and outside work to do when I get back, but the forecast calls for rain, so I plan to spend that time in my studio. For now, being here is a wonderful break. We’re having fun with ds and ddil and it is very low stress. Today we might go to the zoo, and I might show the kids how to tie their “new” slightly neglected grape vines to the trellis.

CL, what a great time for you! Got rid of 6 tubs, left your classroom and closet clear and you're getting a relaxing break. Enjoy it all!!!

I scared my boss.

Back story:

i became aware of an opportunity to expand my job and asked for it. The opportunity had been kept quiet and and already filled without notifying the staff (someone left, she didn’t tell coworkers she was leaving until the last day, but she told admin and they filled her job without posting it and were waiting to make the announcement) I was somewhat upset. My boss apologized and told me that she had had no idea that I would be interested. I cited multiple communications with her and actions by me that should have indicated an interest. - all this happened by e-mail while I was gone.

also - I stripped my room for cleaning, remember? And my boss hadn’t seen it. And my heart daughter, who is leaving, stripped her room after this all went down.

so yesterday morning my boss gave the new staff members for next year a tour of the building. Yesterday afternoon, I had my end of the year review.

my boss again apologized and told me that in retrospect she should have realized I would be interested in the opportunity. She promised that next time I would be at the top of her list. She asked me to keep an eye out for ways I could expand my role in the direction that interests me over the coming year and let her know so that she can facilitate that, she presented me with a plan for how they are going to finally buy me the expensive new kiln I have been wanting for a long time and have started to really push for the past year because the old one is failing and I don’t want another piece of garage sale make do. And she must have said seven times “you are coming back next year, right?”

i think she she thought I was upset, decided to quit, and had heart daughter clear out all my stuff.

Sometimes it takes a good scare to get attention... even if inadvertent.

that's great CL...a scare works sometimes.

Thread Information