Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: How to decide where to live

That house next door is really hanging on! Maybe it's time to go over and smudge it or something and release it to the universe. This is a really good argument against moving in next to a family member, as you end up with kind of a compound thing going on, and it gets really complicated to sell one of the houses.

Gosh I am so sorry this is turning out to be so involved. Sending good thoughts your way to get the house sold and the situation straightened out. So, so sorry you are having this stress right now.
    Am sending good wishes to you that this mess gets straightened out this week!

Thanks, Tybee and TooMuchStuff! I know it will be over soon, but the sooner the better!

There is no way BIL will move in with us at this point (he was without power for a night and he never asked if he could spend the night with us); nor will DH have him at this point. It's a shame. Yes, Tybee, another Dave Ramsey rule is never go in with family on stuff like this. I'm rethinking my own dream of a compound.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Update: Closing is DEFINITELY on Tuesday!!! We're transferring the title and signing Power of Attorney at our lawyer's office on Monday. We don't even have to be at the closing.

Coincidentally, we heard from the owners of the lake house that their tenants are leaving on Wednesday and they will put the house back on the market at that point. This is a huge decision. I'm feeling SO pulled to Vermont, and to this house in particular, but it requires us to carry two mortgages until we sell our house. But every time I read something else about life in Grand Isle, my heart goes aflutter.

I still haven't answered the title question for myself, but I think I'm getting there..
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Update: Closing is DEFINITELY on Tuesday!!! We're transferring the title and signing Power of Attorney at our lawyer's office on Monday. We don't even have to be at the closing.

Coincidentally, we heard from the owners of the lake house that their tenants are leaving on Wednesday and they will put the house back on the market at that point. This is a huge decision. I'm feeling SO pulled to Vermont, and to this house in particular, but it requires us to carry two mortgages until we sell our house. But every time I read something else about life in Grand Isle, my heart goes aflutter.

I still haven't answered the title question for myself, but I think I'm getting there..
    Excellent news! Fingers crossed for Tuesday!

Congratulations! May everything go smoothly!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information