Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Becoming a boring person...

Becoming a boring person...

Disclaimer: This is not meant to be judgmental of others' lifestyles. So no underwear need get bunched up.

Okay, I have been a bit concerned over the past several months. My concern is that I am becoming a boring, humdrum person, a totally uninteresting person.

I work an uninteresting job -- it is of no interest to me or any poor soul that asks: "What do you do?"

Most nights of the week I either read books or have dinner with 1-10 atheist friends or walk my dog. Soon I will be taking a couple classes at the university -- in social work, which is either boring or disheartening to most folks.

I am not uniquely skilled at anything presently, nor am I especially funny. I am not remotely successful professionally. I am rapidly becoming rather bland. Welcome to Blandsville, population: 1 (me).

The most notable thing about me -- and this is not all that notable -- is that in May I took a trip to the Middle East (not something a lot of Midwestern folks do).

So I am open to suggestions. I am crowd-sourcing this.

Any ideas on becoming a more interesting person?
    No limits here. Say anything!

Thanks.

Your friend,

UL

What's wrong with being boring?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    What's wrong with being boring?
    What is wrong with being boring, like in the general sense, or specific to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    What is wrong with being boring, like in the general sense, or specific to me?
    To you!

Why do you want to be more interesting?

Geila
    What would not-boring look like to you?

Maybe you're feeling lonely? Would a romantic partner make your current life satisfying rather than boring?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    To you!

I have read most of this book. I really like it and have a quote from it on the entry to my cubicle at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    What would not-boring look like to you?

Maybe you're feeling lonely? Would a romantic partner make your current life satisfying rather than boring?
    I am seeing someone, sort of. But there are a few women who are interested in me at the moment. I will say: I am not the freewheelin' young man I once was. When it comes to women I just want one -- who is trustworthy, shares my values, and can integrate to a reasonable degree into my lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Why do you want to be more interesting?
    I am bored with myself, in a way.

Is it boring to you or just worried it looks boring for others? I mean it has all the elements many people want (or expect anyway). Ok, ok, some might want a romantic partner, fair enough on that one (some want families but I know that's not you). I'm just saying it's pretty ok as far as meeting most basic needs being you see people several nights a week, do things that interest you (I guess with the reading) etc.. So blandsville must have a very large population indeed. It's getting crowded in blandsville.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information