Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New work roommate aaaah!

Maybe the goat will make her go running out of the room and find a new room mate)

Maybe I will like her.

We get the cupboards!!!!!!!!!!

that will make getting along much easier!

So, I thnk my roommate is going to work out ok. She helped me "rescue" a bookshelf, she has no objection to my rather odd shelving plan for the glazes, she doesn't want a desk, and she needed far less storage space than she thought.

she did insist on having all of her stuff located together, which involved moving some furniture to awkward locations, but it will be fine. She has to function in the awkward space - I just have to use the table in it, I never need to open her cabinet.

and she thought it was cool that I am bringing a goat.

and as a side effect I got the director to agree to saw the horrible salvaged particle board shelving unit in half (height wise) and move it down the hall away from my classroom! (To make room for our new storage cupboard!) It's supposed to be a place for the kids the park their stuff, but they could only reach the bottom half and it just slowly filled with forgotten projects all year.

First day of school. Roommate moved out and is now sharing with the math/engineering teacher she will subbing for when math/engineering goes on maternity leave in November.

Aw, and you two had worked out such a nice compromise... and it sounded like you were looking forward to it.
    oh well, it's all for the best, I'm sure.

Well at least you have another friend in the building, and lots of space

Lol!

if I sounded like I was looking forward to it, that was "make the best of it" optimism.

I am much happier not sharing a room. I am wondering if anyone is going to come take away my extra storage though.

Thread Information