Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyer's remorse about Trump?

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    I thought you were not going to vote at all. I voted for who I wanted. No remorse here. My life is no different today than what it was 6 months ago.
    Thats not true dmc.......your investments in the stock market are worth a good deal more.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Thats not true dmc.......your investments in the stock market are worth a good deal more.
    Yes, so true.

I have a couple of friends who voted Trump because he represented their traditional GOP platform, or so they thought. I think they have a little buyer's remorse, but bring up the "better than alternative" argument. I don't think anything has made much of a dent in his hardcore base because they share much of his values.

I lightened my stock holdings after the election and have no regrets. Risk and return will always be related and I think market risk has increased significantly with a loose canon at the wheel..

I am waitingto see if the couple trump supporters get buyers remorse. We arenot people who talk but i see them on social media. One just copied the opinion that both sides were equally responsible for Charlottesville. I wonder what her black relatives think. And the other posted that being politically correct was the primary problem. So no apparent change in these cases

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Do you think there will come a point when the majority of Trump voters will regret their vote? When? What will it take?
    No. He's making america great (white) again. That 34% or whatever it is that still thinks he's awesome will be like archie bunker and nixon. As long as they think trump is making it even worse for others, they'll support him 110%

he may not be all bad or his administration anyway, NAFTA renegotiating plans don't sound all bad from what I understand. But maybe someone knows all the details on that better, as the devil is *always* snuck in the details in those types of things, and I'm no expert there.

Yes of course, he's *mostly* bad, I just said perhaps not all. But both parties are really in total disarray (although the Dems aren't even able to hold almost any even nominal power). And on the Dem side they still have pretty much no real positive program to offer (as the NAFTA stuff reminds me - how the Dems love trade agreements even though they just seem another factor in everything getting worse). But they plan to beat trump with nothing I suppose. Could happen but might not, if so and they win on a platform of nothing, then Trump will have lowered the bar so much that noone is even hoping for anything at all positive from voting anymore, not a positive development really.
    Last edited by ApatheticNoMore; 8-17-17 at 2:35am.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Thats true, more than enough to pay for several years of health insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    I voted for who I wanted. No remorse here. My life is no different today than what it was 6 months ago.
    That's right, dig your heels in, buddy! haha

My father doesn't want to talk about it anymore.

despite 8 years of gleeful phone calls every time Obama did something that I didn't agree with, I am honoring that preference - I've been told "we go high"

that boy grew up really close to me. I know so many of those boys. My heart breaks for his family, and I wonder what *i* can do to help them. Nobody should be so scared and angry at 20 years old.

I keep wondering where all the adults have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Do you think there will come a point when the majority of Trump voters will regret their vote? When? What will it take?
    Why do you ask? Were you planning on making them wear scarlet "Ts"?

I think a lot of people who voted for Trump weren't so much interested in his personal qualities or policy goals as they were in flipping the bird to a condescending and indifferent political establishment.

Thread Information