Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyer's remorse about Trump?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Rob, I recommend staying out of my zip code. You'd drop dead from shock at how much ardent support he has here. I think you are quite insulated from reality and the cable news networks and mainstream news papers are feeding your fantasies. All the best but you can't see the whole battlefield from your perspective.
    To which I respectfully reply: This street very much goes two ways. I believe you are insulated from reality in the sense that your post does not seem to take into account how much fear and loathing of Donald Trump there truly is out there. I don't have cable and the media really does not form my opinions - daily economic survival does. I rank Trump so far a D - I'd give him an F but I do like the idea of our taxes being simplified so I'm being gracious and giving him a D. This is a rare kind take in the 85006 mind you, but I am at heart a humanitarian, hence the kind take towards Donald Trump. At any rate, I'd recommend your staying out of my zip code, for the same reasons you recommend I remain out of yours (shock of the flip of your script taking place) - once again, with all due respect, this street VERY MUCH goes two ways. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Rob, I recommend staying out of my zip code. You'd drop dead from shock at how much ardent support he has here. I think you are quite insulated from reality and the cable news networks and mainstream news papers are feeding your fantasies. All the best but you can't see the whole battlefield from your perspective.
    This was very arrogant of you... insulting actually!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Thank You, Frugal One. Rob

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    My apologies to Rob. I have many faults but arrogance is not one of them. Although I believe the perceived insult was inadvertent and a result of a misunderstanding....still...I will self impose a suspension.

https://youtu.be/iCAMsqx3q3M

My favorite band!

Don't feel bad, Williamsmith!

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Why do you ask? Were you planning on making them wear scarlet "Ts"?

I think a lot of people who voted for Trump weren't so much interested in his personal qualities or policy goals as they were in flipping the bird to a condescending and indifferent political establishment.
    It's lamentable that President Obama couldn't shuck and jive better so as to curry favor with the unwashed electorate who (aside from a persistent core of frank racism/misogyny) can't bear to vote for a man they wouldn't want to "have a beer with." Personally (I know I'm repeating myself), I want a president who's smarter than I am, not some ignorant, grifting blowhard like the one we ended up with.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    It's lamentable that President Obama couldn't shuck and jive better so as to curry favor with the unwashed electorate who (aside from a persistent core of frank racism/misogyny) can't bear to vote for a man they wouldn't want to "have a beer with."
    And yet he won handily, twice!
    I think one of his crowning achievements was to make it fashionable for the true believers to publicly display their true attitudes about the "unwashed". Every level of local governance has benefited as a result. That's a legacy to be proud of!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    It's lamentable that President Obama couldn't shuck and jive better so as to curry favor with the unwashed electorate who (aside from a persistent core of frank racism/misogyny) can't bear to vote for a man they wouldn't want to "have a beer with." Personally (I know I'm repeating myself), I want a president who's smarter than I am, not some ignorant, grifting blowhard like the one we ended up with.
    I think it's just that kind of rhetoric that put Trump over the top in a lot of areas.

I hope Democrats get the drift and run a bunch of grinning glad-handing good old boys next time. The republic may not survive the current wave of blackguards, pissants, and Russian dupes.

Thread Information